Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris mocking Putin y pretending to ride bare chested....

(43 Posts)
spabbygirl Sun 26-Jun-22 18:32:34

Just when I think boris has hit his lowest he hits. a new low, now mocking Putin's bare chested horseback ride at a summit. The last thing we need is a Putin humiliated 7 angered more than he already is. Am I right to be disgusted at these juvenile antics or is it just me being anti Johnson? The sooner we get this shower of jerks out of downing st & get some sensible adults in the better

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jun-22 13:06:43

No criticism of the EU leaders I note! Let’s just bash Boris not Ursula vd Leyen or the others.

volver Mon 27-Jun-22 13:07:37

Literally the second post of the thread...

nanna8 Mon 27-Jun-22 13:08:09

Anyone doing that is just plain rude and childish whoever they are.

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jun-22 13:14:28

But still running with ‘just Boris’.

volver Mon 27-Jun-22 13:19:51

That's not an accurate interpretation of this thread, is it Urms?

Smileless2012 Mon 27-Jun-22 13:34:11

hmm a reasonable interpretation of this thread volver IMO even without the inaccuracies of the OP.

Chestnut Mon 27-Jun-22 13:49:45

They can joke as much as they like but not in front of the cameras. And I don't think the MSM should be broadcasting details of how they are getting on with each other and whether they are in agreement. You do not let your enemy know details like that.

Smileless2012 Mon 27-Jun-22 13:52:17

Surely a display of unity is a good thing Chestnut?

Casdon Mon 27-Jun-22 14:48:42

Smileless2012

Surely a display of unity is a good thing Chestnut?

There are thousands of ways of showing unity more effectively than a cheap joke though Smileless, particularly one which threatens the butt of the joke’s masculinity when you know he’s a dangerous man.

Chestnut Mon 27-Jun-22 15:33:38

They were indicating that the countries felt differently about their response to Ukraine. You should never let your enemy know anything about your strategy or what you're thinking. And no news reporters telling us how it went. The whole thing should have been kept private apart from smiling photographs on the terrace.

Smileless2012 Mon 27-Jun-22 15:39:40

A lot of fuss about nothing IMO. Let's face it Putin doesn't need an excuse/reason for doing what he does; never has done and never will.

DiamondLily Mon 27-Jun-22 15:51:56

Putin doesn't care much, but the only way this will be ended is with some sort of agreement between Ukraine and Russia.

Second rate leaders, struggling at home, but trying to be clever, on the global stage, bring nothing useful to the party.?

Smileless2012 Mon 27-Jun-22 16:18:06

Just can't see an agreement happening DiamondLily I mean whose going to trust Putin. He can't even be honest with his own people and is still saying this war he's started with Ukraine is a 'special mission'.

Wheniwasyourage Mon 27-Jun-22 17:48:11

If we are going to have to have negotiations to end this war, which we are, what is the point in a childish laugh at Putin? Whatever we may think of him, he is a head of state who will have to be part of the negotiations, and a more vital part than any of the people who were mocking him.

Wheniwasyourage Mon 27-Jun-22 17:48:46

Crossed posts, DiamondLily!

Elrel Mon 27-Jun-22 18:05:08

Johnson being jovial and witty, as he thinks. He’ll poke that tiger once too often and many will suffer. He’ll never see that it is time for him to step away.

varian Mon 27-Jun-22 20:16:57

If Putin ever gives a moments thought to Johnson , I expect he regards him as an ungrateful little toerag who has forgotten the help he gave him to win the fraudulent referendum of 2016.