Gransnet forums

News & politics

Preferred pronoun badges at the Halifax bank.

(305 Posts)
volver Wed 29-Jun-22 13:12:40

Its of little interest to me what any organisation put on their name badges. What is important to me is false culture wars stoked by right wing media. So, with that in mind:

One person on social media said they wanted to close their account and the Halifax explained to them how to do it.

Putting preferred pronouns on their badges was a completely optional thing for staff.

But that's not nearly such an inflammatory story, is it?

www.gbnews.uk/news/halifax-slammed-by-customers-after-adding-pronouns-to-staff-name-badges/327123#:~:text=Halifax%20has%20been%20slammed%20by%20angry%20customers%20after

Sago Wed 29-Jun-22 13:09:26

Go woke go broke.

Blossoming Wed 29-Jun-22 13:08:32

How very strange! Some of their Twitter responses to customers would make me want to close my account because they’re downright rude. I don’t mind their staff wearing whatever badges they choose, but I don’t want to have ‘a conversation around gender identity’ when I visit my bank. I want to talk about money. My money. I don’t bank with the Halifax anyway.

Oldnproud Wed 29-Jun-22 13:06:15

I think a lot of customers will threaten to close their accounts, and some undoubtedly will do exactly that, but I suspect that the majority will moan a lot but in the end do nothing more than that.

I wonder if their staff were given a similar choice: "If you disagree with it, find a job elsewhere."

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jun-22 12:53:41

Halifax has told customers to close their accounts if they disagree with its stance on pronoun badges for employees following a raft of online complaints.

They might have misjudged their customer base and shot themselves in the foot!

What do YOU think?