Gransnet forums

News & politics

What would be the reaction in your workplace?

(31 Posts)
Zoejory Fri 01-Jul-22 23:16:38

Certainly happened in one of my workplaces. I worked a night shift and quite a few clandestine meetings went on.

Callistemon21 Fri 01-Jul-22 22:53:35

To be fair to Simon Hart, that remark was an answer to a question but was not the main point of what he said.

Asked whether he hoped the issue would get swept under the rug, Mr Hart said: “Absolutely not.
The Cabinet minister told Sky News: “This makes me very sad, it makes me sad for everybody who’s been involved in these things. It’s clearly something which has gone terribly wrong.

nation.cymru/news/welsh-secretary-says-case-of-drunken-deputy-chief-whip-will-absolutely-not-be-swept-under-the-rug/

BigBertha1 Fri 01-Jul-22 22:29:09

A lot of doctors and nurses went on back in the day.

MissAdventure Fri 01-Jul-22 21:55:31

It was quite common in my last proper workplace.
The union man with a senior staff member.
A married dad with someone half his age.
All protected and protecting eachother, and up to all kinds of fiddles.
This was a charity, by the way. angry

geekesse Fri 01-Jul-22 21:51:37

In my workplace, sexual activity of any kind would lead to immediate dismissal as a gross violation of staff conduct code.

CvD66 Fri 01-Jul-22 21:10:23

Simon Hart, the Welsh secretary, trying to defend the indefensible on this morning's television, claimed the current 5 Tory sex scandals (since April) happen in workplaces from time to time. Pincher, Khan, Warburton, Parish, an alleged rapist plus the current BJ bj, are just some of the recent highlights of this Tory Party. What would have been the reaction in your workplace to this senior male behaviour?.