Gransnet forums

News & politics

*”Boris is a w*nker”* chant at the cricket.

(55 Posts)
Esspee Tue 05-Jul-22 11:40:50

Somehow it didn’t make the BBC news bulletins but videos are widely available online.
Can we look forward to chanting at other public events being transmitted live? Tennis anyone?
The mood of the country needs to be expressed publicly as the government is pretending not to notice and discontent is building towards a summer of action.

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 14:42:04

Ladyleftfieldlover

I was chatting to my brother in Australia today. He wondered whether it was time for us to get the pitchforks out and march on Parliament.

I thought Australia have so many problems of their own they're not noticing what's happening here!

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 14:45:06

Just because Boris is a total embarrassment, does that mean that everyone else has to drop any standards of decency and descend to his level?

Mollygo Tue 05-Jul-22 14:49:51

I may have a poor opinion of BJ, but bad manners at Cricket match? Some people see any opportunity.
As long as it doesn’t get added to the existing opinion that “British fans don’t know how to behave” when abroad.

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 05-Jul-22 14:53:24

He’s lived in Australia for decades but still has an interest in British politics. He reads the Guardian online every day.

FannyCornforth Tue 05-Jul-22 14:54:30

They need to know Calli
The sooner the other MPs get the message the sooner they will get shut of him.
The booing at the Jubilee got quite a bit of publicity.
We’ve put up with this nonsense for far too long.
Me, I’d lower myself to the level of a snake’s belly to get rid of the monstrous, dangerous, nation-wrecking catastrophe that is Johnson

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 14:59:13

"Boris Johnson booed by cricket fans at Oval as England face India"

I'm sure it will have no effect whatsoever, FannyC. Water off a duck's back.
Out for a duck?
No. He's still here - because that was back in 2018!
It has no effect on him at all.

I still don't think we should descend to his level

FannyCornforth Tue 05-Jul-22 15:24:38

Calli
I said that I’d lower myself to the level of the lower regions of a reptile - not sink to Johnson’s level!
What do you think I am; some kind of monster!? grin

BlueBelle Tue 05-Jul-22 15:42:04

It may not have any effect on him but will it have any effect on the Tory party and the electorate that still believe he is the best thing since sliced bread

Riverwalk Tue 05-Jul-22 15:48:48

The booing at St Paul's by middle-England royalists celebrating the Jubilee should have been a wake-up call for the Tories - it seems they're deaf.

Doodledog Tue 05-Jul-22 16:05:13

I think we’re all right?

It’s unedifying, and rather embarrassing to have Brits behave like that in front of the world. But arguably we are following the example of the PM, whose own behaviour and language leave a lot to be desired.

M0nica Tue 05-Jul-22 16:05:45

Everyone seemed to approve when footballers took the knee to support the Black Live's Matter campaign.

So where does this vary from chanting political slogans at a cricket match? Sport is political, it cannot be avoided, that is why Russian athletes cannot compete under their country's flag.

BlueBelle Tue 05-Jul-22 16:12:21

Surely the best places for demonstrations of any kind is the least expected place with the least expected people doing it
Sounds good to me

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 16:32:15

Doodledog

I think we’re all right?

It’s unedifying, and rather embarrassing to have Brits behave like that in front of the world. But arguably we are following the example of the PM, whose own behaviour and language leave a lot to be desired.

That's what's so worrying.

Our standards are dropping, old chap, and it started at the top of public life.

Galaxy Tue 05-Jul-22 16:55:00

Its seems about hundred years ago now, but I knew Johnson was finished when ant and dec made a critical comment about him, its just taking so long. The longest fall from grace ever.

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 16:56:17

Galaxy

Its seems about hundred years ago now, but I knew Johnson was finished when ant and dec made a critical comment about him, its just taking so long. The longest fall from grace ever.

If only he realised it himself

RichmondPark Tue 05-Jul-22 17:54:28

My friend met Stanley Johnson. She described him as 'impossible to rebuff or insult'. Evidence suggests that he and Boris have been arrogantly offending and using everyone for decades and they've heard every insult and criticism already. It's not kept them from success, money or power.

It's just water off a duck's back.

What a power it gives you if you have no shame and no regard for the opinions of others.

Galaxy Tue 05-Jul-22 18:18:24

Oh who knew that I only needed to whinge online about the length of the 'fall' to make the fall happen. W,'

Galaxy Tue 05-Jul-22 18:20:04

Sorry am over excitedgrin. He will be gone by the end of the week.

Jaberwok Tue 05-Jul-22 18:20:28

Imo the real villain of this latest sorry saga is this wretched man who for some reason couldn't hold his drink and behaved disgustingly and totally inappropriately. Having been reprimanded in the past for similar conduct, you would have thought that he might, having been given a position of great responsibility,made it his business not to have too much drink particularly in a place where it is bound to make headline news, and if he couldn't manage that, at least keep his wretched desires to himself! Better still, stay away from temptation. What the hell is the matter with these obnoxious people? Ever heard of getting a grip? Obviously not!

HousePlantQueen Tue 05-Jul-22 18:53:46

Good try Jabberwok, but surely the point is that Johnson lied about being aware of Pincher's bad reputation? I do agree though that Pincher needs to be held responsible for his inability to control himself, but given the behaviour of his sexually incontinent liar of a boss perhaps he felt self restraint was not necessary

varian Tue 05-Jul-22 19:09:10

Jaberwok

Imo the real villain of this latest sorry saga is this wretched man who for some reason couldn't hold his drink and behaved disgustingly and totally inappropriately. Having been reprimanded in the past for similar conduct, you would have thought that he might, having been given a position of great responsibility,made it his business not to have too much drink particularly in a place where it is bound to make headline news, and if he couldn't manage that, at least keep his wretched desires to himself! Better still, stay away from temptation. What the hell is the matter with these obnoxious people? Ever heard of getting a grip? Obviously not!

Pincher is not the only Tory MP who could not keep his wretched desires to himself.

Can anyone think of another?

My MP, David Warburton was, back in April, all over the front pages of the Sunday papers having been accused of sexual harassment by three different women (lurid details supplies in The Sun), also taking cocaine, borrowing a large sum of money from a very dodgy Russian (deemed to be unfit to be involved in financial services) and getting a highly paid "consultancy" job for a family member with the dodgy Russian,

He has not appeared in parliament since then but has not resigned so the people of Somerton and Frome have not been given the chance of electing a decent MP.

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 19:41:14

Where do they find them?

BlueBelle Tue 05-Jul-22 19:48:02

Oh there are so many
men watching videos of tractors, groping a woman’s bum with your tongue down her throat in the middle of a pandemic when we re all walking like crabs to avoid touching each other Bj and his bj and on and on and on it goes

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 19:52:44

But where do the local parties find them?
In what way do they think these creeps are suitable to be chosen as candidates?

Iam64 Tue 05-Jul-22 20:38:23

David Warburton and Chris Pincher have both taken themselves off for therapy. Their constituents are not represented. They’re acting like celebs, accused of drug/alcohol excess Combined with allegations of sexual offences.
It’s clear from ch4 news tonight that Chris Pincher denies any allegations of indecent or sexual assault. So, he simply has s drink problem then, the several allegations just ‘rumours’ as described by Reece Smug.