Gransnet forums

News & politics

*”Boris is a w*nker”* chant at the cricket.

(55 Posts)
Esspee Tue 05-Jul-22 11:40:50

Somehow it didn’t make the BBC news bulletins but videos are widely available online.
Can we look forward to chanting at other public events being transmitted live? Tennis anyone?
The mood of the country needs to be expressed publicly as the government is pretending not to notice and discontent is building towards a summer of action.

Galaxy Tue 05-Jul-22 20:50:02

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but did anyone hear Fabricant on radio 5 this morning saying he felt sorry for Pincher. It was an absolute masterclass in minimising sexual assault, the presenter was unable to read out many of the comments from listeners as they were so forthright in their disgust. It was astounding.

M0nica Tue 05-Jul-22 20:50:43

Retreating for therapy seems to the 'Get out of Gaol' card for every caught-out MP

The 'poor me, I couldn't help it, I am in need of psychological support'. The idea being, no doubt to ward off the quite righteous wrath of their constituents and contempt of the world' defence. Pathetic!

Iam64 Tue 05-Jul-22 21:33:19

I heard Fabricant, Galaxy and agree with you

Reece Smug was equally dismissive when he said the complainants didn’t want to pursue official investigation or police. They’ve learned nothing about the issues around investigating sexual abuse. It reminded me of the way complaints against Saville were dismissed on the basis the complainants didn’t want to support police prosecution

JaneJudge Tue 05-Jul-22 21:35:20

I've just got in from work and I thought my telly was broken as the guide wasn;t working on it and all the programs were slow
HALF AN HOUR LATER
I suggested to Mr Judge something might have happened in the news blush