Gransnet forums

News & politics

Time to put the champers on ice?

(59 Posts)
Esspee Wed 06-Jul-22 18:20:41

Surely his position is now completely untenable?

H1954 Wed 06-Jul-22 20:19:48

No Boris fan here! I suspect that Pincher was the bloke who caught Carrie giving BJ a bj, hence he retained his job. I bet Carries family are really proud of her track record too, what a legacy "I gave the PM BJ a bj" ?????

rosie1959 Wed 06-Jul-22 20:20:02

I suspect the champagne may be flat before he resigns

Shinamae Wed 06-Jul-22 20:24:35

Maybe this time the slippery piglet is going to end up as bacon!,

lixy Wed 06-Jul-22 21:11:00

Looks like the ice needs to go back into the freezer to keep it fresh sad.
Maybe tomorrow?

Devorgilla Wed 06-Jul-22 21:29:08

It will taste all the sweeter when the moment to pop that cork comes. And come it will.

Esspee Wed 06-Jul-22 21:35:08

Can’t believe he’s fired Gove.

Esspee Wed 06-Jul-22 21:36:52

If he fires everyone telling him to go then there can’t be enough Tories left to fill all the empty positions.

Chewbacca Wed 06-Jul-22 21:38:22

He's unhinged! The man is actually unhinged.

Madgran77 Wed 06-Jul-22 21:46:28

Chewbacca

Yes I really think he is!

Grandmadinosaur Wed 06-Jul-22 21:49:43

Just seen that. Me neither espee

I think you might be right Chewbacca

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Jul-22 05:54:07

H1954

No Boris fan here! I suspect that Pincher was the bloke who caught Carrie giving BJ a bj, hence he retained his job. I bet Carries family are really proud of her track record too, what a legacy "I gave the PM BJ a bj" ?????

No. It was Sir Gavin Williamson, according to most

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Jul-22 05:56:34

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Jul-22 05:58:12

He looks terrible here

Esspee Thu 07-Jul-22 06:14:27

Even worse here. ?

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Jul-22 06:19:24

Oh dear! shock
And just a little bit worse here…

Pantglas2 Thu 07-Jul-22 06:20:06

FannyCornforth

Chewbacca

He’s stark, staring mad. You’ve only got to look at his face recently.
I know that it’s distasteful to mention, but there is a family history of mental instability

I have reported your comment Fanny - disgraceful , not distasteful.

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Jul-22 06:20:37

Cheers.

Esspee Thu 07-Jul-22 07:17:26

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Pantglas2 Thu 07-Jul-22 07:53:03

I am not an arbiter of good taste espee but I would never bring anybody’s familial mental fragility into my argument - beyond the pale IMO.

If you disagree, that’s fine, but name calling is another no no for me too. It is possible to dislike the deed without resorting to that.

Iam64 Thu 07-Jul-22 07:58:05

Good to see your posts are still here FannyC. Johnson hasn’t looked or sounded well for some time. Watching his performance before the committee yesterday was excruciating.

I didn’t see his comments during the questions on Pincher as reflecting stress or mh problems though. He couldn’t dodge, lie, avoid answering questions as he does in media interviews or PMQs. He occasionally said what he believes. Blaming others for not stopping Pincher drink too much said so much about him.

Kandinsky Thu 07-Jul-22 08:10:18

Fanny I’m sorry but I’ve also reported your post too.
You must know being a regular poster that many g’netters suffer with their mental health - it’s really distasteful to bring up someone’s health to attack them.
Calling someone ‘a snitch’ for reporting your post is also beyond the pale.

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Jul-22 08:13:05

I suffer from mental health problems myself Kandinsky.
Would you like me to provide details?
Anyway, don’t worry about it.
I’m used to being reported ?‍♀️

Oldnproud Thu 07-Jul-22 08:16:42

lam64 " Good to see your posts are still here FannyC. Johnson hasn’t looked or sounded well for some time. "

?

Boz Thu 07-Jul-22 08:26:45

It is all over the Media that Johnson is acting as if unhinged. Why shouldn't anyone endorse this on GN? It has a ring of truth.
The situation in Government is becoming frightening. If he doesn't go to-day he should be removed by the men in white coats.

Dickens Thu 07-Jul-22 08:35:19

He’s stark, staring mad. You’ve only got to look at his face recently.
I know that it’s distasteful to mention, but there is a family history of mental instability.

My own family history shows the same "instability" - as probably do a few other's families...

... but I wouldn't like to be judged on that basis and so as a matter of principle, won't judge Johnson either on that basis, much as I detest the man.

Johnson is as Johnson does. He is not responsible for the 'sins' of his fathers He didn't choose his parents, nor the rest of the clan.