Gransnet forums

News & politics

Time to put the champers on ice?

(59 Posts)
Esspee Wed 06-Jul-22 18:20:41

Surely his position is now completely untenable?

Pantglas2 Thu 07-Jul-22 08:39:34

Commenting on Boris mental health is one thing, dragging familial mental fragility into the argument is a whole other thing in my opinion.

We’re well into the 21st century and should be beyond that by now.

Riverwalk Thu 07-Jul-22 08:47:10

Putting it down to mental health problems is letting the buffoon off the hook - he's perfectly sane.

But he's untrustworthy, lazy, incompetent, self-centred, a waster of an 80-seat majority, a liar, and totally unsuitable to be PM.

Anniebach Thu 07-Jul-22 08:51:19

People with mental illness are not unhinged or , stark,staring mad and are not removed by men in white coats.

Parsley3 Thu 07-Jul-22 09:16:38

Johnson is driven by his ego. He is allegedly staying on because voters in England gave him a mandate. Who knows,perhaps he would pay attention to letters of disproval from erstwhile voters because he seems to think that his parliamentary colleagues are just being churlish.

vegansrock Thu 07-Jul-22 09:37:39

Champagne should be drunk this evening .

Farzanah Thu 07-Jul-22 09:54:55

I think he’s been deluding himself imagining he’s President, similar to USA.
I think the country and Tory party is in a poor state and his legacy will be felt for years to come.

Dickens Thu 07-Jul-22 11:24:06

Parsley3

Johnson is driven by his ego. He is allegedly staying on because voters in England gave him a mandate. Who knows,perhaps he would pay attention to letters of disproval from erstwhile voters because he seems to think that his parliamentary colleagues are just being churlish.

Quite so.

To imply that he's suffering some sort of mental illness is wrong IMO, and insults quite a few people who have mental health problems.

He's certainly a narcissist, but that's a different kettle of fish. I'm sure he knows 'deep down' that he's fighting a losing battle, but being driven by his ego, refuses to accept the fact.

Iam64 Thu 07-Jul-22 18:52:43

It’s possible Johnson feels stressed as a result of the self inflicted prolonged stress he’s been living with. I’ve seen nothing that suggests he has a treatable m.h,problem.
He’s a selfish, flippant, narcissistic attention seeker. He seems always to have believed he’s special, should be viewed and treated as the special one.
His ‘resignation’ speech just confirmed no change thrre