Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who do we hate this week?

(136 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Fri 25-Nov-22 19:35:49

I saw this on twitter and it so resonates with me.

“Can someone tell me who we are supposed to be hating this week please?

Is it the nurses, railway workers, teachers, or immigrants, and of course we hate the EU all the time.

It is so difficult to keep up”

Grantanow Fri 30-Dec-22 10:54:07

You have to ask the Daily Wail!

MaizieD Thu 29-Dec-22 15:18:53

Callistemon21

That's not what was said.

Is the obverse true?

I did answer your question. Callistemon. I said 'No'.

Oreo Thu 29-Dec-22 13:43:13

Putin was installed by his own people, nobody else!

Callistemon21 Thu 29-Dec-22 10:58:23

That's not what was said.

Is the obverse true?

MaizieD Wed 28-Dec-22 23:08:22

Callistemon21

Does the UK has such influence over Russian elections and the Russian people?

🤔

No, but Russia has had plenty of influence over the UK and its wealth loving tory rulers, who have opened their arms to Russian donors, to the tune of £millions. Even managed to get the son of a KGB agent ensconced in the House of Lords...

Callistemon21 Wed 28-Dec-22 21:11:26

Does the UK has such influence over Russian elections and the Russian people?

🤔

Fleurpepper Wed 28-Dec-22 20:56:09

Margs

Vladimir Putin.

How has this madman managed to get his hands on such immense power?

With the help of many UK and other politicians, including Johnson.

Mollygo Wed 28-Dec-22 20:49:39

Congratulations to all those who evidently predicted that Putin would wage war on Ukraine.

Margs Wed 28-Dec-22 20:12:04

Vladimir Putin.

How has this madman managed to get his hands on such immense power?

Callistemon21 Wed 28-Dec-22 20:00:52

That's lovely Barmeyoldbat
I'm very happy for you 🙂

Barmeyoldbat Wed 28-Dec-22 19:53:43

Today I love everyone, I have been a whole 24 hours without pain and the need for medication so I am happy and just love this world

Callistemon21 Wed 28-Dec-22 19:49:25

And then there's the types who start a slow clap when anyone starts to sing something ... why?

People who clap as a hearse goes by
🤔
Oh, we're so happy!!

Questingvole Wed 28-Dec-22 19:20:09

Radio studio audience laughter. \they get wound up to such a pitch that they'll laugh at anything ...

" .. and the cat shot out of the garden, into the road and under the wheels of a bus" ... peels of manic laughter.

They probably have audience laughter in hell ... and heaven.

And then there's the types who start a slow clap when anyone starts to sing something ... why?

varian Wed 28-Dec-22 19:01:10

Some of us did warn others in advance but were ignored. It is difficult to compete with the Daily Mail, Express, Torygraph and The Sun.

OnwardandUpward Wed 28-Dec-22 18:01:01

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not as good as foresight though.

varian Wed 28-Dec-22 17:56:34

Washerwoman posts "I don't hate anyone.But the closest would be Putin.I hate what he's done and the spiral of hatred he's created."

If only more people had p[aid attention to the fact, that in 2016, Vladimir Putin was one of only three foreign politicians supporting the Leave campaign (along with Trump and the French fascist Marine le Pen)

Callistemon21 Wed 28-Dec-22 17:49:55

Washerwoman well said.

There are good and bad people of every political persuasion.

Some terms are completely unacceptable.

Washerwoman Wed 28-Dec-22 17:31:38

I don't hate anyone.But the closest would be Putin.I hate what he's done and the spiral of hatred he's created.
From some comments my lovely late father is law must have been scum.Self made successful businessman. A Conservative parish Councillor. Quietly generous and philanthropic. Raised loads of money to renovate a narrow boat to be used by local charities supporting disadvantaged and disabled children.Did loads in the community including fighting to keep the library open.Plus numerous other things I only learnt after he died.What a scumbag .

LRavenscroft Wed 28-Dec-22 15:25:21

This week my grotty award goes to Mrs Snotty who brought her germs and snivels to our social event and didn't care when challenged by another member.

DaisyAnne Wed 28-Dec-22 14:07:47

My fault for not taking proper time to read posts GrannyGravy.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 28-Dec-22 13:40:17

Crossed posts DaisyAnne

GrannyGravy13 Wed 28-Dec-22 13:39:18

DaisyAnne

Katie59

“They have been variously described as vermin and scum. I can't help but agree...”

Pot, Kettle, Black - What an unpleasant thing to say !.

We seem to be bringing out the ignorance on this thread. Surely it will be against the GN guidelines to call another member "vermin and scum". What on earth evidence have you when it comes to being so personally rude?

See MaizieD’s post of 08.22.02 today

OnwardandUpward Wed 28-Dec-22 13:38:37

Ganglords who traffick innocent people, inject them with drugs to get them addicted so they can control them and force them into prostitution, organised begging and growing drugs, to name a few occupations I know of.

Not sure why the government isn't doing more to track down these criminals and abolish modern slavery.

DaisyAnne Wed 28-Dec-22 13:38:10

GrannyGravy13

MaizieD

Grantanow

From the Tory's perspective it doesn't matter so long as our collective hatred is directed not at them. They and the gutter press, aided by their trolls on silos on social media, are really quite adept at continually setting up a focus for hatred. It could be immigrants. Lefty lawyers, civil servants, nurses, the BBC, train drivers, the French, the EU, trade union 'bosses', Channel 4 News, Supreme Court judges, in fact anything but the Tories and their fat cat supporters.

I don't hate a single one of those people. They are my fellow human beings. OTOH, I loathe and detest the tories and their supporters, who don't seem to have a drop of human, or humane, blood in them.

They have been variously described as vermin and scum. I can't help but agree...

As you know I voted for this government, I am neither vermin or scum, nor are any of the Conservatives I know.

Ah, I should have read more carefully. Whatever someone thinks of the Tories I am sure that these words should not be used against another member.

DaisyAnne Wed 28-Dec-22 13:36:17

Katie59

“They have been variously described as vermin and scum. I can't help but agree...”

Pot, Kettle, Black - What an unpleasant thing to say !.

We seem to be bringing out the ignorance on this thread. Surely it will be against the GN guidelines to call another member "vermin and scum". What on earth evidence have you when it comes to being so personally rude?