Gransnet forums

News & politics

Nicola Bulley 45y Old mum of 2 little girls missing from River Wyre area since last Friday morning at 9:15am walking her dog, Willow.

(797 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 31-Jan-23 17:18:37

This, in the news is breaking my heart.
I hope she comes home safe soon - but every passing day is such a worry.

GrandmaTrisha Tue 31-Jan-23 22:47:19

It’s almost as if she suddenly felt the need to run away from everything in her life…..heaven knows what that could be given that she has little children but I really hope she’s found safe very soon.

Callistemon21 Tue 31-Jan-23 23:20:08

Best not to speculate, perhaps, as we have no idea what has happened.

notgran Wed 01-Feb-23 07:01:36

This is so very worrying for her family. We used to live very near St Michael's on Wyre and still have friends in the area. It doesn't seem possible such a thing could have happened there, I hope and pray there is soon a good conclusion to this.

Katie59 Wed 01-Feb-23 08:50:20

We can only hope she has “done a flit”, a young woman did that nearby about 20 yrs ago, just went out, not a word to anyone and no trace at all, reappeared 5 yrs ago, had been living in Spain

lemsip Wed 01-Feb-23 08:56:48

This thread should never have been started....

crass comments and speculation are cruel. two children are crying for their mother at home...

lets leave it alone now please.

JenniferEccles Fri 03-Feb-23 14:03:32

A week on now from this strange disappearance and nobody is any further forward.

Her sister was reported as saying though that she accepted the possibility that her sister had staged her own disappearance.
The police are still saying there is nothing to suggest a third-party involvement.
Agonising for the family.

Katie59 Fri 03-Feb-23 14:37:32

With the tracking that can be done using phone numbers and credit cards any disappearance would need to be very well planned, all the calls made on the mobile left on the bench would be investigated.

I hope she is safe somewhere.

maddyone Fri 03-Feb-23 14:40:27

I’ve been following this from New Zealand and have just seen a news report on BBC1 shortly after arriving home today. I feel the circumstances are extremely suspicious and fear foul play.

JenniferEccles Fri 03-Feb-23 14:57:51

Which is why I find it strange that the police say they are not looking for anyone else in relation to this disappearance.
Surely they wouldn’t be ruling anything out?

AGAA4 Fri 03-Feb-23 15:00:04

News saying they think she has sadly fallen into the river.

Chestnut Fri 03-Feb-23 15:02:51

Surely sniffer dogs should have been deployed immediately to follow her scent? That is what they do. Did the scent go into the water or along the bank? We've not heard anything about that.

Wyllow3 Fri 03-Feb-23 15:05:34

tickingbird

I can’t understand why the police have said they don’t believe she has been attacked. She is missing. Very strange and I hope nothing sinister has happened to her.

That was the bit that caught my interest. Was she disturbed and walked off or self harmed.

Feel as we all do...awful.

tickingbird Fri 03-Feb-23 15:07:05

They believe she’s fallen into the river. They had cordoned off a car park and track 9 miles down river earlier today and forensics were there. I believe they’ve found some item of Nicola’s for them to do that and then make this announcement. Terribly sad and very tragic that a morning walk could end like this.

Callistemon21 Fri 03-Feb-23 15:07:14

AGAA4

News saying they think she has sadly fallen into the river.

I wondered that but didn't post it, thinking perhaps the dog had gone down the river bank and she'd gone to grab it but fell in and the dog scrambled up.

But I'm still 🤞

AGAA4 Fri 03-Feb-23 15:09:20

There will be an update on BBC news website later but it seems she has fallen into the water.

Chestnut Fri 03-Feb-23 15:10:06

I really hope this isn't going to be one of those (many) cases where we later discover the Police have made a complete mess of it. It is heartbreaking to hear later on about all the things they did wrong.

AGAA4 Fri 03-Feb-23 15:11:18

It's so very sad if that's what has happened.

AGAA4 Fri 03-Feb-23 15:13:40

Chestnut

I really hope this isn't going to be one of those (many) cases where we later discover the Police have made a complete mess of it. It is heartbreaking to hear later on about all the things they did wrong.

A bit unfair until we know what happened.

Chestnut Fri 03-Feb-23 15:15:48

The men searching the river were walking in water about 3ft deep so not really deep enough to drown.

The dog's harness was removed which she never normally did on walks.

Lots of unanswered questions.

Chestnut Fri 03-Feb-23 15:17:11

AGAA4

Chestnut

A bit unfair until we know what happened.

I never said it was, I said I hope it won't be. There have been so many cases where it beggars belief the errors that have been made.

loopyloo Fri 03-Feb-23 15:21:16

The dog was not wet when found. And you wouldn't take the harness off then fall in the river. Apparently she filmed her walks and put them on an app. I have a horrible feeling this was a planned abduction. They have cordoned off a car park now..
My thoughts go to the family.

tickingbird Fri 03-Feb-23 15:25:53

They have said there is cctv on entrance and exit from the area she was walking. She was seen entering the area but not exiting. The police know a lot more than us and also there’s a sign on the tree behind the bench beware deep water. Apparently it’s 15’ deep in parts. Plus very cold with heavy clothing and boots. It’s not like swimming in a swimsuit in a pool.

Fleurpepper Fri 03-Feb-23 15:33:45

Just does not bear thinking about, those poor kids. Surely if she had slipped, or jumped- the divers would have found her by now?

I wonder about that work call- was there an argument, was she told she was under review, or would lose her job, anything that could have triggered panic?

When someone just 'disappears' it the worst thing- not knowing. I so hope she can be found, even if not alive, so her family can try and somehow grieve and begin to try (how, I don't know, just can't imagine) to go forwards.. So very very sad.

Joseanne Fri 03-Feb-23 15:40:36

It's awful, a week on now and no further.
I'm not going to speculate, but we all naturally wonder different things. For me I can't understand why the dog didn't follow her?
The removed harness I understand because you shouldn't let your dog go in the water wearing it incase it gets caught or tangled. But the dog was dry. You can tell if a dog has been in a river for quite a while after, and this dog was found dry in a short time.

veejay Fri 03-Feb-23 15:41:38

I think the 70 year old man they wanted to speak to turned out to be in his 40s..maybe he knows more it hasn't ssid