Gransnet forums

News & politics

What a coward!

(62 Posts)
ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 16:03:48

Boris did not turn up to the press conference. It may be that he didn’t want any more heckling!

How rude! I’m very angry with his bad manners. It’s certainly not the way to endear us in negotiation, whatever the way you feel about leaving the EU

GrannyGravy13 Mon 16-Sep-19 16:16:03

What is bad manners is having a “rent-a-mob” that close to a “Foreign Dignitary”.

(Luxembourg gets more per capita than most other EU Countries, they are frightened of losing the UK cash cow)

ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 16:47:34

This is still not the behaviour that is expected of the leader of any country. He is supposed to be negotiating or at least that’s what we are told. People have demonstrated for hundreds of years when they feel strongly about an issue. This is no excuse for our Prime Minister behaving in this way

Whitewavemark2 Mon 16-Sep-19 16:49:52

The Incredible Hulk?????

He gets more pathetic by the day.

ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 16:51:32

And currently we are stuck with this pompous Pratt with a witty tongue

Whitewavemark2 Mon 16-Sep-19 16:55:12

It is said that once this lot of proroguing is completed, The Hulk intends to slap on another one.

At this rate we won’t even be able to vote for a no confidence motion and get the Hulk out.

ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 17:30:24

If this was fiction they’d say it was an unbelievable story line. I’m disgusted and not surprised that people continue to demonstrate.

ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 17:33:04

Mind you, it points out how powerless anyone is to prevent this.

Surely even the most rampant Brexiteers can’t think this is acceptable?

Riverwalk Mon 16-Sep-19 17:39:07

In the interview he later gave to the BBC he was asked what exactly he'd put forward to Juncker over the 2-hour lunch - I'm afraid he again waffled and kept looking off into the distance, just as he did a few weeks ago when asked what did he do to relax, and he gave some surreal performance saying he made buses from old wine boxes.

He really seems to have a problem focusing, and telling the truth. The truth being that he has no intention of seeking a deal and is just playing for time to run out.

ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 17:47:10

I haven’t heard the interview but that’s no surprise either. I agree that this b*****d is playing for time. I just fear crashing out as it will be so difficult for ordinary people. I wouldn’t dream of comparing this with the millennium bug that didn’t happen. It’s far more serious and would not be fixed any time soon

GillT57 Mon 16-Sep-19 17:52:46

He does not want a deal. Is being called 'The Incredible Sulk". What an embarassment he is

Fennel Mon 16-Sep-19 17:54:57

This is what makes me frightened (from another thread).
He's supposed to be our leader !

varian Mon 16-Sep-19 18:15:47

The emperor has no clothes - and the vast majority of people have seen through him and his lying rabble .

They have not put any proposals in writing to the EU. In the whole of the United Kingdom and across the European Union honest observant people can see that.

This liar has been unveiled for all to see.

He can keep telling the Tory press as much as he likes that we are on the verge of a new deal but the truth is, BJ and his useless cronies have absolutely no idea how to resolve the brexit conundrum.

What they promised in 2016 is undeliverable and always will be.

ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 18:17:21

I’m frightened for the future too. The twentieth century showed how quickly society disintegrates when the government is not in control and making appropriate decisions.

Add this to climate change and all seems very uncertain

varian Mon 16-Sep-19 18:32:18

Thje LIberal Democrats will not only stop brexit but will also fight to prioritise the fight against climate change.

Fennel Mon 16-Sep-19 18:34:50

ps I pray every day (honestly!) "Please God give our rulers the common sense to do the right thing about Brexit."

varian Mon 16-Sep-19 18:39:47

The only good brexit is a dead brexit

We need to Stop Brexit.

Revoke Article 50. So when you get the chance vote Liberal Democrat.

trisher Mon 16-Sep-19 18:43:58

GrannyGravy13 a large proportion of the demonstrators was English, are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to tell their PM how they feel?

ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 18:57:30

I’d like to remain and would vote for that if possible. However if not, I want a deal, preferably one that protects the general population

silverlining48 Mon 16-Sep-19 19:01:27

Seems par for his particular course, he avoids discussions and interviews turned down invitations to interview on the today programme during his whole election period and another conservative was wheeled on to speak for him. I found that astonishing as a ‘wanna be’ PM and it only confirmed my ( negative) view of the man.

varian Mon 16-Sep-19 19:05:52

The population is best protected by remianing in the EU ayseso when you get the chance voet LibDem to Stop Brexit.

BlueBelle Mon 16-Sep-19 19:09:07

Varian I m with you all the way I feel the Lib Dem’s are our only hope in a hopeless situation

ayse Mon 16-Sep-19 19:13:58

TBH Varian, I’d rather have a 2nd Referendum but I suspect a general election will come first. Personally I think a government of national unity should be the way forward for the time being. I see us now in a national emergency situation.

I have supported the LibDems in the past but their activities in supporting the Tories in austerity and breaking election pledges left a rather unpleasant feeling.

I do wish that election promises were less grandiose and far nearer what is achievable. I support PR and would like to dispose of first past the post as it is so divisive, especially in the current circumstances

varian Mon 16-Sep-19 19:20:07

I do hope ayse that you will support the LibDems again when you get the chance.

CraftyGranny Mon 16-Sep-19 19:21:27

Speculation at this point is futile until we have the full facts in print. Calm down.