Chat

What's your most embarrassing moment?

(11 Posts)
yogagran Tue 16-Aug-11 20:49:42

Oh come on - you must have one...??

Jacey Tue 16-Aug-11 21:08:34

yes ...but I'm not sharing!! blush

greenmossgiel Tue 16-Aug-11 21:13:29

It's gone very quiet, hasn't it - I think everyone's finding it difficult to decide on which was the MOST embarrassing one! blush

grannyactivist Tue 16-Aug-11 22:45:13

Last year of junior school; my skirt fell down in the playground when I was chatting to a group of lads from my class. They were very kind and all turned their backs to me while I pulled it up, but I was mortified for at least a month afterwards. blush

Granny23 Tue 16-Aug-11 23:13:07

One evening, when I was a 'new' wife, I was in the bedroom getting dressed to go to my Dad's works dinner dance. I had got the length of basque, stockings and suspenders when DH appeared straight from the bath, dripping wet and minus his front teeth. He proceeded to chase me round and round the house slavering and growling, doing his Hunchback of Notre Dame, with me being the shreiking maiden trying to escape his clutches. On the third circuit, crossing the hall by the front door, I felt a draught and saw my Mum and Dad standing in the open doorway. I just kept running (as you would) knowing what was about to follow me across the hall. DH and I scrambled into our clothes but there was no one there. About 20 minutes later my DM &DF rang the bell and asked if we wanted a lift to the dance.

Nothing was said ......except when an old neighbour casually asked us 'Well, are you enjoying married life?', my father jumped in to reply 'Oh YES!!! I am sure they are!'

Baggy Wed 17-Aug-11 07:15:04

granny23, smile

bunic Wed 17-Aug-11 08:43:30

nearly getting caught have a WEE in a church graveyard (1999) i was burstin,being a bloke all i had to do was find a bush so i thought,there was i so happy to empting myself, around the came group of hikers, panic i turned & did my zip up only to see the vicar coming.made it just in time i thought,inside my trousers will tell a different story? The vicar asked what i was doing !! looking for toilet said I. being a man of God he told me where the nearest one was,I thanked him & went on my way.!! WHAT A RELEIF.

greenmossgiel Wed 17-Aug-11 09:13:35

Oh Granny23! That was so funny!! And bunic - I can only imagine, and it would just have to be the vicar!! It reminds me of when we were driving in the Highland area, just about to come down into Tyndrum, DH was desperate to visit the loo, and knew there would be nowhere to park in the village, he quickly parked the car on a rough roadway leading off the main road, and ran behind the closest bush. Less than a minute later, a tour bus full of elderly people slowed up as they came close to the junction.....that's right - all (grey) heads were directed towards the bush where poor DH was having a 'wee'. blush

greenmossgiel Wed 17-Aug-11 09:19:28

Then there was the time when we went out for a curry - I couldn't find a tissue and my nose was running (hot, hot curry)! I asked DH if I could have his hankie (he always puts a clean one in his pocket when we go out - and as this isn't often sometimes his hankies aren't all that clean....). He produced with a flourish across the table - a pair of his underpants! He'd stuck them in his pocket instead of a hankie - I was mortified, as was he....and no, I didn't use them to wipe my nose on. blush

susiecb Wed 17-Aug-11 10:03:26

I told the wrong family their father had died!!! I still wake up in a cold sweat about it. In my defence I did ask them ' Is Mr B your father?' and they said Yes. I was of course very apologetic and they were very understadning and their father died soon after 9 he was a very old very ill man so it wasnt a big shock but as a new Ward Sister I had egg on my face!

harrigran Wed 17-Aug-11 19:17:01

When I was first married we lived in a cottage with only a coal fire for warmth. We were going out for the evening and I had a bath but swiftly decamped from bathroom to in front of the fire to get dry. My husband had gone out but I heard the front door open and stayed put because I thought it was him returning, it was DH but he also had his brother and wife with him. They were standing in the hall which blocked my exit to the bedroom and the towel wasn't very large. Wrapped myself in the towel and picked up the bath mat I was standing on and held it behind me, scooted past. I was seven stone wet through and a figure to die for, really should not have been so upset.