Gransnet forums

Chat

Male nudity

(140 Posts)
pompeyguy Wed 07-Mar-12 21:07:29

Most of the ladies on this site could probably be described as mature, and so, as they say, you've probably seen it all, so I'm sure that you'll all be behind me in great numbers in an effort to get male nudity banned from films,tv, and anywhere else it rears it's ugly head. Far be it for me to be a spoil sport and deprive a large section of society from it's pleasures, so I'm prepared to put up with female nudity, if reluctantly.

wotsamashedupjingl Thu 08-Mar-12 09:08:43

Why don't you just leave it now? What's the point in going on and on about it?!

wotsamashedupjingl Thu 08-Mar-12 09:09:19

Unless you're enjoying it, of course.

In which case, carry on.

Sigh

petallus Thu 08-Mar-12 09:49:42

I think Pompeyguy was just trying to be humorous and was speaking with his tongue in his cheek (oops!).

I've never been all that interested in the nude male body, especially the dangly bits. I think a nice white teeshirt and a pair of snug fitting jeans is much more alluring.

Different for men. They like the female body nude. I have read (and heard) that both sexes prefer looking at the female body as it is a more beautiful thing aesthetically speaking.

Does anybody remember the Chippendales? They used to shave their chests and then oil themselves. Ughh!

absentgrana Thu 08-Mar-12 09:52:29

I remember seeing an advertisement for the Chippendales. They looked like they had been made out of polyester. I'm with you petallus. As a rule, naked men, especially if they're moving about, are not a pretty sight. grin

nanachrissy Thu 08-Mar-12 10:10:02

I don't want to look at nude bodies, I prefer twinkly naughty eyes! wink

I thought he might be Pompa but on looking at his profile page, I don't think he is.

Maybe we should give him a break, he is a man after all!!! grin

glassortwo Thu 08-Mar-12 10:13:52

Naked male is definitively not a pretty sight grin

Dont think its pompa I wonder how he is doing, been a long time since he has posted.

goldengirl Thu 08-Mar-12 12:43:22

I prefer to use my imagination re: nude men but I do appreciate the larger nude lady - makes me feel better about my own wobbly bits. Especially the Lucien Freud painting!

specki4eyes Thu 08-Mar-12 22:21:08

Someone I know, who needs glasses and thinks he's still 25, parades about the house and sunbathes in the noddy. I (privately) think -' must get that iron out' smile. As for me, the only person who sees me naked in daylight, is the dog. He thinks I'm gorgeous grin

Annika Thu 08-Mar-12 22:31:01

If DH walks around in the noddy I just take my glasses off !
Is it just DH, or ladies are the socks always the last (sometimes not all ) to come offhmm

jeni Thu 08-Mar-12 22:37:23

golden. Reuben's is my ideal of womanhood!

goldengirl Fri 09-Mar-12 17:31:36

Agree jeni no bean poles there!

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 17:41:00

Just my shape!grin

numberplease Fri 09-Mar-12 17:51:29

Annika, I think that the socks last is a universal thing!

Charlotta Sat 10-Mar-12 16:04:51

I have a weakness for men in warm cuddly jumpers! Few men look good without clothes, having said that few look good with clothes, at least not within these shores.

numberplease Sun 11-Mar-12 00:09:39

Am I alone in having a man who insists on wearing his trousers at half mast, therefore revealing more than is required, as well as having enough trouser material hanging to fit someone else in?!! I sometimes think that nude might just be the better option!

gracesmum Sun 11-Mar-12 00:14:22

When it comes to the clothed variety - does anybody else go weak at the knees at Monty Don is his baggy cords? It's enough to make a girl take up gardening. He can prick out my petunias any day grin

glammanana Sun 11-Mar-12 00:15:54

number is he wearing them short at the ankle or short at the waist ? mr glamma has been known to wear tracksuit bottoms short in the leg around the house using the excuss that he is de-stressing,its because he is to lazy to go and buy something new that fits.

JessM Sun 11-Mar-12 07:57:43

I quite like looking at DH's naked body. It is in the style of a prop forward rather than a male model, I hasten to add. Bit surprised though to walk into the bedroom the other morning and find him doing nude yoga! Chiropractor apparently having an influence at last.
(this is a huge breach of confidentiality isn't it. But on this occasion I can't resist)

Mishap Sun 11-Mar-12 12:38:30

The trouble with naked men is that they look so comic I cannot help but laugh.

supernana Sun 11-Mar-12 13:20:31

gracesmum YES! wink

jeni Sun 11-Mar-12 13:25:17

jessM the mental picture you evoked had me doubled over with laughtergrin

jeni Sun 11-Mar-12 13:26:45

By the way, is the chiropractor female? And is this how she has taught him to perform?

nanachrissy Sun 11-Mar-12 15:00:13

Gracesmum yes, he looks like he is the sort of man to take care of you no matter what happens, with those big,strong hands!! blush wink

Annobel Sun 11-Mar-12 15:08:29

Yes, gracesmum, with you all the way. I must have a predilection for men called Monty - see my thread on Monty Halls.

jeni Sun 11-Mar-12 15:10:36

Who is Monty?the only one I know is a film title and they certainly don't wear baggy cords!