Gransnet forums

Chat

What I really want for Christmas

(33 Posts)
Anne58 Tue 18-Dec-12 22:02:24

Evening all, this is not a "beauty queen" type thing, where they all want world peace, although I'm sure we would all go for that, but a place to put things that we, as individuals, would like, and that might be achievable. (Without this caveat I'm sure we could all fill a thousand pages)

I would like to get a job, for Mr P to have a job with more security, to rebuild my relationship with my mother, to feel able to come off the anti depressants (although that could be linked to getting a job) for my DS1 to resolve his current problems successfully.

celebgran Wed 19-Dec-12 20:58:10

Gra nnyactivist you are very wise.

I am feeling bit low tonight, due to after effects of major row last Sat with oH AND WE both still fragile from it.

We also went to Ipswich to return some shoes I bought the day we took pressies over to grand daughters and it is way too near my daughters for my sanity this time of year!
Still we got some bits for Xmas andnot bad day really now going to crash in front of telly with some goodies from Marks!!

Marelli Wed 19-Dec-12 20:59:21

celebgran, I know. Don't get cross with yourself.....just wait, and in time, I'm sure she'll come back. flowers xx

crimson Wed 19-Dec-12 21:48:18

Strange isn't it that Christmas has become all about consumerism but the things that we really want are things that money can't buy sad.

annodomini Wed 19-Dec-12 22:07:55

crimson, I hope that something good will happen for you this Christmas to raise your spirits. You know we value you here, but there's no substitute for family. smile

JessM Wed 19-Dec-12 22:09:51

So true Crimson
Celeb you deserve a big real hug if I could send one.
Phoenix I got addled. I have sent apologetic PM.

crimson Wed 19-Dec-12 22:27:05

D'y'know a good nights sleep made everything look a lot better and a trip into work today [my day off sad] proved that the problem I was having on the pooter on Tuesday wasn't actually my fault. The S.O.has just left. When I asked him what he was doing tomorrow he said he was [surprise surprise] shopping, to which I replied 'well, it's allrightforsome isn't it'. I've wanted to say that for ages. I am, at this moment in time bitchcowvenomwoman. Hope no one upsets me at work tomorrow grin. Mind you, moral is so low where I work these days that, strangely,it's bonding us together. And, the slight rift with my daughter, I think she's as unhappy about it as I am and it's time I moved on and build more bridges. And on that optimistic note I'm off to bed [me being optimistic; there's a first!!]. It won't last.....

celebgran Fri 21-Dec-12 17:32:56

aagh thanks Jess M I must really get a grip, we spent lunch time trying work out a plan for 2013 so as not to keep on ruinining our lives, did not really work and I got all het up about applying to court which I want to do and OH does not.

mmmm got think of my b pressure!!

Ella46 I have suffered depression it is awful, do hope it lifts for your daughter.flowers