Gransnet forums

Chat

What do you think of this blog?

(32 Posts)
Gonegirl Tue 09-Jul-19 16:43:46

Brendan O'Neill in the Spectator

rosecarmel Wed 10-Jul-19 18:45:43

Nobody is asking for extra eggs in the pudding, to be treated as special but seen and treated as equal- Obviously, people need to be reminded! Look at some of the comments in this thread! How anyone can think homophobia is over is a riot- I don't believe for a moment that most don't encounter inequality, I do believe that many dismiss it- It isn't them that's gay, black or any other MINORITY, so why the heck would they care? I'll tell you why- It's because they are "special" and have been since?

No, I'm not gay- I'm straight-

rosecarmel Wed 10-Jul-19 18:49:30

Appalling responses to an interesting article!

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 23:27:12

IMV, your sexual habits are a private matter, not for broadcasting to the world.
I neither want n ir need to k ow whether you take it front or back or any others at, nor with whom you engage in these acts, so don't be surprised that I'm sick to the back teeth of minority views and ramming your skewed sexual mores down my heterosexual throat.

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 23:29:56

n ir k ow others at
nor, know, other way.

GabriellaG54 Thu 11-Jul-19 23:38:46

I think heterosexuals are worth a mention.
Why on earthdoes anyone want to be lauded for their sexual habits?
Why aren't friends just friends instead of 'my gay friend' or 'gay nephew' ' lesbian daughter' 'trans cousin'?
Why announce them in this way, as if it's a badge of honour if you know someone who could be described in that manner?

rosecarmel Fri 12-Jul-19 04:28:57

Here, on Earth, humans have a lengthy history of treating each other or groups of people as inferior -- or skewed- We've also a lengthy history of fighting for rights, for ourselves and others as well-

Some folks enjoy having stuff rammed down their throats, or ramming stuff down another's throat or enjoy partaking in complaining that having stuff rammed down their throat ain't their cup of tea- Its all the same-

A friend is a friend - Gay or straight-