Gransnet forums

Chat

Gift ideas needed please

(30 Posts)
Persistentdonor Wed 29-Jan-20 08:14:05

I have been invited to the evening celebration of a friend's (3rd) wedding.

The couple have sold other properties to buy their current modern built home, which they have already been living in for several months. I am fond of her, but I have not, as yet, been invited to visit them there, despite I live only a few miles away. (I say that only to illustrate the level of friendship.)

I am retired. Income: state pension.

I would like to take a gift to the wedding, but what can I give, which won't break the budget, to the happy couple who probably have everything already? hmm

Kalu Thu 30-Jan-20 13:53:25

My friends and I always appreciate a scented candle. Nothing sickly sweet or overpowering, citrus types give a fresh perfume liked by many. Better still, if you have a nearby TKMaxx, you will find a large variety of good quality candles at a very reasonable price.

Persistentdonor Sun 02-Feb-20 10:44:23

Great ideas and advice.
Many thanks all. smile

Alexa Sun 02-Feb-20 10:52:23

Can you make your own art work? A painted card maybe, with a poem on it, or some other message you composed, all your own work. I am mindful of "state pension", and I guess your friend is not ignorant of your managing on a state pension.

It is a great pity if giving become a sort of competition and I urge you to not try to compete in any way.

Persistentdonor Tue 04-Feb-20 14:00:26

Oh I really like this Alexa.
Thank you. smile