Gransnet forums

Chat

Have you ever seen a flying saucer or UFO? I have!

(88 Posts)
Applegran Mon 31-Aug-20 10:03:35

This morning I had to call Mr Apple to look at the flying saucer I could see on the horizon. It looked stationary and hovered above distant hills. On reflection, I decided it should be called a UFO - it certainly was an unidentified flying object. Then it moved, very slowly, downwards - it looked like a barage balloon - does anyone remember these? I don't know what it really was. Have you ever seen something really inexplicable?

tickingbird Tue 01-Sep-20 22:50:37

If anyone has Amazon Prime please watch The Day before Disclosure. We are not alone!

Mistyfluff8 Tue 01-Sep-20 23:11:52

Many years ago driving on a West Country road towards London in the early hours of the morning saw a bright light hoovering for ages as we got nearer it just appeared to vanish so quickly (in a flash )

GrauntyHelen Wed 02-Sep-20 01:20:39

No I haven't even though I live in a so-called hotspot The people I know who claim to have seen them locally are all a bit odd and I feel rather sorry for the aliens they claim to have met

Tamayra Wed 02-Sep-20 01:52:48

Yes I’ve seen them.Ive also been onboard one.
It was a wonderful experience Filled with love & not at all scary.
The craft I visited was also reported on local radio as being a UFO sighted over the headland I was living on at same time.
I’d love to go again as the beings onboard were so kind & loving & I was fully conscious the whole time.

tickingbird Wed 02-Sep-20 08:25:43

Tamayra How fascinating. Do tell more please.

JOJO60 Wed 02-Sep-20 09:46:09

NannyC2, I have seen a documentary about the mosquitos in Florida. It is intended to eradicate certain diseases carried by mosquitos which kill many people ie dengue fever, zika and malaria. The genetically modified mosquitos are male and when they mate with the females, a protein it carries will kill them. It is the female mosquitos that bite and spread disease. Although people are critical, it is a genuine attempt to wipe out these diseases which kill thousands of people in poorer countries. If the Florica experiment is successful it can be used worldwide.

Lettice Wed 02-Sep-20 10:13:57

Paddyanne re the Scottish sighting. Years ago I worked in the Newsroom on a Scottish national morning paper (which meant we worked from mid afternoon through to overnight) . This particular night I was on lates, when calls started coming in one after the other, starting in the far north and quickly going south. All described very fast moving bright lights whizzing down the length of the country. We tried to follow this up, but drew a blank to all our enquiries. The callers believed they were UFOs, and maybe they were.

CleoPanda Wed 02-Sep-20 10:51:08

I’ve had one experience. I was about 12, just getting near to home after a long early evening walk with my mum. It was still light with blue skies and white clouds. My mum had glanced upwards and clutched my arm. She pointed upwards. I saw an object in the sky. Not as high as a plane but very high. It appeared metallic, dark grey but shaded. It was stationary. We watched silently for maybe two minutes, then it just vanished. We didn’t see it travel, it just disappeared.
When we got home we described the experience to my dad but he was pretty disinterested.
My mum and I used to recall the incident regularly over 40+ years.
Never seen anything since, and not for lack of looking!
No idea what it was, so definitely unidentified and flying!

Allie2 Thu 03-Sep-20 05:17:44

When I was 12 (in the early 70’s), my mom, sister, and I were walking to the corner store at the end of our street. It was dark out and the sky was very clear.

When we came out of the store, we saw what looked like a UFO. It was a very large oval shaped disc. The width was larger than the street. Around it were different coloured lights. It didn’t make a sound. We stood there in awe and stared at it for five minutes. Then, suddenly it disappeared and reappeared again down our street. It didn’t make a sound.

I was scared as was my sister. Mom said that we should begin walking home. The UFO didn’t move as we walked. Once we got home, we rushed inside to tell my dad what we just saw. Dad came outside but it was no longer in the sky.

That night, as I lay in my bed I thought about what we saw. It has been fascinating and scary. I believe that life exists on other planets. Maybe, not in our form.

A couple of years ago, my husband and I were in Tobago. While swimming in the pool during the day, we saw a few disc like objects moving in and out of the clouds. They were a very light silver colour. When they were in front of the clouds, they were very dark in colour. I took videos of them. I also took photos. Once home, l made enlargements and compared the photos to UFO objects on the internet. They definitely looked like the UFO’s that other people had reported seeing. We are not alone.

Daisymae Thu 03-Sep-20 10:56:04

I saw an oval light, large, stationary in the pre dawn sky in March. I went into the garden and just looked at it, trying to understand what I was looking at. I have never seen anything like it before, took a photo with my phone. My son has posted the photo in a few websites and no one has offered an explanation.

nightwriter Fri 04-Sep-20 12:24:03

We have a little holiday apartment in Turkey. One evening while we were sitting on the upstairs balcony a very bright object zoomed out of the sky towards us. As it got closer and we were thinking of ducking it suddenly shot straight up into the sky and disappeared. No idea what it was.

ciamar Mon 07-Sep-20 20:27:11

some years ago i lay in bed watching these lights in the sky bobbing up and down for about two hours.they sped off very quickly suddenly completely disappearing. the next morning two policemen reported seeing this ufo up close hovering over the spurs football ground. it was taken very seriously at the time.the police had no reason to lie.