Gransnet forums

Chat

I may have offended - not sure what to do

(56 Posts)
Jillybird Thu 24-Sep-20 10:32:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

orly Fri 25-Sep-20 14:47:27

As Chair you have to keep to the agenda else they overrun which is not good - especially if it's business

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 25-Sep-20 14:52:40

You did the right thing Jilly and it's a shame that you've been made to worry about your actions. In many meetings which I've been to a separate conversation breaks out between a couple of attendees - they don't understand that it's not appropriate. This happens so often doesn't it? Most of us just grit our teeth politely but something needs to be said.

Kim19 Fri 25-Sep-20 15:24:47

A person who chairs a meeting efficiently is a joy. Perhaps you do yourself a discredit by thinking you were over harsh. A smile and a wink accompanying verbal intervention usually softens the blow effectively I find. Shouldn't be necessary but....hey! Maybe you backfooted yourself by contacting them too soon individually afterwards? Who knows? I do not think you should overthink this.

Fennel Fri 25-Sep-20 16:06:16

Well done Jilly - this is an excellent thread. I wish I belonged to your group smile.
How do you manage to keep the contact going these days?
I belonged to an old age group with set times and a settled location but we have lost all contact since covid. A few of us chat on the phone but even that is fading now.

Jillybird Fri 25-Sep-20 21:22:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.