Gransnet forums

Chat

Noisy neighbours.

(81 Posts)
Lilypops Fri 23-Apr-21 23:35:26

Advice is needed please on noisy neighbours. They moved in next door a month ago , since then we hear them rowing between themselves and the children. The wife just seems to scream and rant , the kids answer back yelling, that sets of their two yappy dogs,
They are in their garden quite late at night in their hot tub , making a lot of noise,
I don’t want to come over as those grumpy old neighbours next door, but in 50 years of living in our house, we have never known anything like this, We dread to think what the coming Summer months will be like when they are all out in force.
Our garden wall is directly joined to theirs so we are up close to them. We don’t see much of them, but we certainly hear them , it’s upsetting us a lot , we don’t know how to handle this and certainly don’t want to fall out with them. We would rather be on friendly terms. Any advice on handling this situation please ,

Nancy0 Thu 29-Apr-21 00:33:19

I wish I could offer you some advice...but I can't think of anything that hasn't already been suggested. I really feel for you... I actually dread staying away from home (holidays etc) cos I'm a really light sleeper and we always seem to end up in noisy places!!

Mincub Wed 14-Jul-21 16:07:16

I have a bit of a problem …it’s my problem really so I understand if you don’t see where I’m coming from.
I live in social housing in a disabled bungalow stuck between two houses. I’m living here because I stood up to a terrible campaign of ASB resulting in my beings victim of an attempted firebombing and ending up hospital fir 14 weeks and a homeless unit fir 12 weeks before the council took responsibility. I then relocated to where I am now. The daughter of my local councillor already on an asbo was found guilty, her father ignored the problem (she got two years later for Rs silly aggravated harassment to another family and bragged about running me out of town) her ‘playmate’ in crime was the grandson of another councillor who stood up at a restorative justice hearing and said I shouldn’t even be here as it was my fault for not making it easy on myself and my police beat officer forged my name on a witness statement and was charged with perverting the course of justice and using a false instrument to try and cover it up. So that’s the background not only was I physically injured but ended up with PTSD also.
So I promised myself don’t get involved in neighbours and everything was bearable the odd ruckus with noise to which I am hypersensitive but nothing too bad to bear. All until recently, I have two issues that are making me feel like running away.
The worst one is there are three children who are left to their own devices constantly shouted at so there’s something not right and now Into the mix comes a lady with two children one teenager and one about 6, father not about.
The 6 year old constantly rides his bike up and down in front of our bungalow next to our car parking space ( not on the pavement but actually in front of our bungalow and stands on our garden edging, being egged in by the kids the other side to do tricks on his bike. I have had my roses broken off and throw over my path and now they have taken to playing football over the top of my car backwards and forwards. It’s irritating and annoying, the eggers on are screamers and that never stops and I’ve also had a screwdriver thrown over the top of the car landing on my garden but can’t prove anything. I had a quiet word with the one mum and shesaid ‘ oh my boy didnt do anything it will be them’!
It wasn’t as I clearly saw him but don’t have the belly full for a ‘fight’. The other problem long-standing is an oil tank installed against my back fence with no fire boarding and just 4 metres from my bedroom. The tank leaked into my garden and we were left for 18 months before our landLord did anything, through two hot summers where the soil sizzled. We both have Bronchiectasis and are extremely clinically vulnerable, I called environmental health in the end because it got so bad and I have letters from then telling me my landlord never sought any advice. Landlord says they did, even when the fuel pipe was put in my garden on the boundary they did nothing.
My back gate broken into and the pipe in situ after me having a day at the hospital and nothing has been done even though the tank still smells. So I’m loathe to approach them over the screeching and the playing football over my car. I registered with a housing association nearer my son in Oxford but after 5 years all they can offer me is a sheltered flat or sink estates, I don’t know what to do. I’ve never been in this position before as I owned my own house before the ASB (227 crime/incidents) over 4 years. Sorry for going on but I don’t think I can take much more. ??

DiscoDancer1975 Wed 14-Jul-21 17:34:58

Mincub, you need to start your own thread. Just go to ‘ Forums’, and pick a category, eg, Ask a gran. You can then start your own discussion. You may get more replies that way.

Infinity2 Wed 14-Jul-21 19:27:22

Mincub - I just wanted to say I am truly sorry to hear of the terrible situation you have endured, and I’m sorry that you haven’t been treated any better with regard to this later trouble.
Please God your situation improves soon. Sending you every good wish for your health and welfare ?

Mincub Fri 16-Jul-21 18:05:20

Thank you for your kindness …..today has been one of the worst sad