Gransnet forums

Chat

harry and megan

(1001 Posts)
earnshaw Sun 16-May-21 12:14:56

I was so saddened by the interview with harry and megan , why would two people who have got exactly what they wanted are happy to create such pain for others

Peasblossom Sun 16-May-21 13:45:10

We all make a hash of parenting. ? Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody thinks they’ll do it at least a bit differently from their parents.

By the time you’re forty you’ve spent more time as an adult living your own life than you did as a child. You can’t keep blaming it all on your parents then.

MerylStreep Sun 16-May-21 13:46:12

I only read these threads to read the funny/sarcastic answers.
Some are really good.

Oldwoman70 Sun 16-May-21 13:47:31

So no-one has listened to the interview - just bits highlighted by the media, which could possibly have been taken out of context

Casdon Sun 16-May-21 13:51:54

You’re right of course Anniebach. For me it was less the choice of topic than the repetitiveness of one topic, whatever it is, being constantly raised - I’d have felt the same if it was six threads raised by the same person about what are your favourite cakes, or whatever.
Irritation doesn’t become any of us, and although I think most were frustrated rather than attempting to bully the poster, I don’t subscribe to bullying, so I’m going to scroll on like FannyC and ignore.

dragonfly46 Sun 16-May-21 13:52:48

I too was disgusted kitty Harry is indeed out for revenge!

aggie Sun 16-May-21 13:55:08

I watched that interview and found it so artificial , it was like a read through of a play , with directions pencilled in and artificial pauses , and even more artificial reactions from Winfrey .
Harry’s utube or whatever , destructions of his Father and Grandparents was despicable

Galaxy Sun 16-May-21 13:59:25

Actually telling people which threads they are allowed to post on could also be seen as bullying if you want to use the word in that way. Surely those complaining can do exactly what they are advising other people to do. Ignore the comnents that are complaining about the number of these threads.

Anniebach Sun 16-May-21 14:00:18

I did listen to the interview and so repeat it was brutal , he criticised his father and paternal grandparents, not a word about his mother and her upbringing

M0nica Sun 16-May-21 14:02:14

Look, they both need to earn a living and PH's only saleable asset is the terrible life he had as a member of the Royal family.

What happens when even the Americans get bored with it all. I love to think. Turning burgers in McDonalds, wearing a crown?

Calendargirl Sun 16-May-21 14:06:00

Well, I like H&M threads, as some of the others are quite boring.

?

Anniebach Sun 16-May-21 14:07:00

It’s a struggle living with only over thirty million in the banks

EllanVannin Sun 16-May-21 14:12:28

I was disgusted at the cowardly way that Harry approached his issues instead of meeting and discussing with the families face to face.

The best way of thrashing out differences is gathering round the table in a grown-up and adult manner, certainly not in the way he's done so. It's neither clever nor is it ever going to solve anything.
Drip-feeding his grievances over periods of time is always going to create bitterness and resentment and he's certainly not going to feel any better for continuing this, partly due to his "justification" on leaving Britain.

I'm surprised by his immaturity ! He's one mixed-up individual.

Calendargirl Sun 16-May-21 14:15:16

Their 3rd wedding anniversary on Wednesday.

Just 3 short years ago, when the future looked so rosy.....

How wrong can you be.

Lucca Sun 16-May-21 14:18:43

I’m only saying one thing. Will OP return ? Or just remove the pin and launch,,,.

Anniebach Sun 16-May-21 14:19:29

This could be a coincidence but in the Diana panorama interview she said no one asked her if she was ok.

In the Megan interview in S.A. she said no one had asked her if she was ok.

Callistemon Sun 16-May-21 14:21:18

Peasblossom

We all make a hash of parenting. ? Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody thinks they’ll do it at least a bit differently from their parents.

By the time you’re forty you’ve spent more time as an adult living your own life than you did as a child. You can’t keep blaming it all on your parents then.

Well said. He's not quite forty yet though, so we may have this for a few years yet.

I will beat a hasty retreat now.

EllanVannin Sun 16-May-21 14:21:25

Annie I think anyone with half an eye can see that Harry isn't okay.

nanna8 Sun 16-May-21 14:23:25

I bet they sit up in bed at night whinging about their parents and discussing how much money and publicity they can get by going public.

Callistemon Sun 16-May-21 14:24:20

not a word about his mother and her upbringing

Yes, her upbringing was far more dysfunctional

Sparkling Sun 16-May-21 14:24:22

Watching tge programme last night about Harry and his father, I realised Harry really is emotionally damaged and she adds to it, very high maintenance. I cannot see how the situation can be improved, just why they think they should be be given an open cheque book at their ages when already multi, multi millionaires I don’t know. I agree with what he said about their mothers funeral, no boys should have been out looking at the remembrance flowers and have to walk behind their mothers coffin, absolutely shameful, at the time it made me cry as it was cruel. It’s always there with him, it haunts him, instead of grounding him a little, Megan loves conflict I am expecting him to self destruct any time, he doesn’t want not to be in the public eye whatever he says.

Alegrias1 Sun 16-May-21 14:24:28

oh, so many new things to discuss about M&H.

Be like me.....

Get on the mobile site.

Get to this conversation.

Click on the Down Arrow.

Select "Hide this conversation"

Maintain your sanity.

Lucca Sun 16-May-21 14:24:36

Ah so now we know what they do in bed.......?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

25Avalon Sun 16-May-21 14:25:05

I agree with Monica. They have to keep themselves in the public eye and cash in on the RF or they will have no income.

Anniebach Sun 16-May-21 14:27:50

EllanVannin yes, I did say in an earlier post, he is in denial and out for revenge.

vegansrock Sun 16-May-21 15:12:43

A 12 year old walking behind his mother’s coffin without a hand hold or hug is pretty dysfunctional behaviour in my book. If he is emotionally damaged his upbringing undoubtedly made a contribution to it.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion