Gransnet forums

Chat

SNP….. So.Not.Perfect

(32 Posts)
Okdokey08 Mon 20-Jun-22 23:25:04

So Ian Blackford the SNP mouthpiece at Westminster has now been outed as the hypocrite over the Patrick Grady affair, whilst telling the victim “ we will have zero tolerance” to sexual harassment… then rallying the “Silly Numpty Party” to “rally round the perpetrator” … oh Karma is a Killer…not just him but another one “Callaghan” the female East Dumbartonshire one who is now also trying to backtrack as being “misunderstood” …. translates as “caught out” …. the only good thing about all of this is the party who are the least transparent… and prone to hiding their incompetence on a grand scale…. are visibly upset… anyone who tried to defend them is as my mum would say “ fly with the crows… you’ll be shot with the crows”

paddyann54 Tue 21-Jun-22 00:56:29

Even firm supporters of SNP will tell you that NO party is perfect and all should be open to criticism.I have no idea what Amy Callaghan is supposed to have done but frankly the fact thet she is working and has been even while in hospital after a bad stroke tells me a lot about her.
Unlike her predecessor who flew in from Bath for the odd surgery Amy has been accessible under the most difficult of circumstances .
So unless she's done something thats a hanging offence ...like hand over 37 BILLION for track and trace that didn't work I'll still vote for her next time around.
Must be hard being so bitter about the democratically elected SNP when all the unionsit alternatives are complete a waste of good air .You wont be thrilled to hear the latest polls are well over 70% FOR Independence !

pearl79 Tue 21-Jun-22 02:35:11

I do find it sad that so many Scots want to part company from us. Entirely understandable (Westminster, the Party Planners, the UnTruth-sayers, the Chum-feeders, etc) But I can't help thinking we'd be better off by allowing their voices to be heard rather than forcing them to move away.

Aveline Tue 21-Jun-22 06:11:05

Their voices are heard, loud and clear and constantly!

volver Tue 21-Jun-22 06:39:04

Okdokey08

So Ian Blackford the SNP mouthpiece at Westminster has now been outed as the hypocrite over the Patrick Grady affair, whilst telling the victim “ we will have zero tolerance” to sexual harassment… then rallying the “Silly Numpty Party” to “rally round the perpetrator” … oh Karma is a Killer…not just him but another one “Callaghan” the female East Dumbartonshire one who is now also trying to backtrack as being “misunderstood” …. translates as “caught out” …. the only good thing about all of this is the party who are the least transparent… and prone to hiding their incompetence on a grand scale…. are visibly upset… anyone who tried to defend them is as my mum would say “ fly with the crows… you’ll be shot with the crows”

I love a serious discussion. You know, no name calling, an appreciation of what quotation marks are for, that kind of thing.

Aveline Tue 21-Jun-22 08:10:31

???

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Jun-22 08:37:45

Same old thing, bash Boris, criticise Conservatives, lambast Labour all OK

SNP no, nada, totally off limits…

MawtheMerrier Tue 21-Jun-22 08:39:51

You know, no name calling, an appreciation of what quotation marks are for, that kind of thing

Or verbs.

volver Tue 21-Jun-22 08:43:14

GrannyGravy13

No no, carry on. Knock yer pan in.

Looney lefties, tory scum, silly numpty party.

Welcome to political debate in 2022.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Jun-22 09:02:22

volver

GrannyGravy13

No no, carry on. Knock yer pan in.

Looney lefties, tory scum, silly numpty party.

Welcome to political debate in 2022.

Those are descriptions that I have never and would never use.

volver Tue 21-Jun-22 09:06:14

Its not all about you GrannyGravy13.

Haven't I heard that somewhere before...?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Jun-22 11:30:18

volver

Its not all about you GrannyGravy13.

Haven't I heard that somewhere before...?

If you are not replying to my post I suggest that you do note quote it, simples

volver Tue 21-Jun-22 11:39:25

Aye OK.

We Scots are are silly numpties. We need things explaining to us in simple words.

volver Tue 21-Jun-22 11:43:11

Oh, I always say I'll not get involved...

Nearly 50% of the Scots electorate vote for the SNP. Anyone calling them the "silly numpty party" needs to remember that they are talking about a party supported by nearly 50% of the population. What does that say about the nearly 50%?

Engage brain before making remarks like that, please.

MawtheMerrier Tue 21-Jun-22 11:57:39

Who has actually referred to them as the "silly not party: Volver?
Apart from.you?

MawtheMerrier Tue 21-Jun-22 11:58:25

"Numpty" not "not" - autocorrect!

volver Tue 21-Jun-22 11:59:47

MawtheMerrier

Who has actually referred to them as the "silly not party: Volver?
Apart from.you?

The OP.

MawtheMerrier Tue 21-Jun-22 12:03:11

Was it not a quote? The " " etc?

Lettice Tue 21-Jun-22 12:05:12

The OP referred to them as the silly numpty party. MawtheMerrier

pearl79 Tue 21-Jun-22 21:19:48

Are the people berating ""the Silly Numpty Party"" living within the bounds of the party that chose Boris and continue to allow him decisionmaking power despite his Totally Out Rageous behav Yiour

volver Tue 21-Jun-22 23:00:22

?? pearl79

jxnfuo Fri 01-Jul-22 14:37:13

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

maddyone Fri 01-Jul-22 14:46:02

Who the Scots vote for is up to them. The same as all the rest of us can vote for whoever we choose to vote for. I hope they get their independence referendum in 2023 and hopefully the matter can be settled one way or the other then.

AGAA4 Fri 01-Jul-22 15:00:20

No wonder many in Scotland want independence. Good luck to them.

Glorianny Fri 01-Jul-22 15:09:23

I'm with this! Could we trade? Boris and the Tories for the SNP?