Gransnet forums

Chat

Which Deodorant is best?

(84 Posts)
AngBrew Wed 03-Aug-22 12:03:38

Which Deodorant is best, I use Sure invisible aqua for anti-white marks and yellow stains but still find yellowing happening. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Elizabeth27 Wed 03-Aug-22 12:13:54

I used to buy whichever invisible roll-on was on offer, however, I recently bought L'Acura from Aldi it smells lovely I get whiffs of it throughout the day so will buy it from now on.

NotSpaghetti Wed 03-Aug-22 12:25:21

I suppose it depends what you mean by "best".
I just like a deodorant and would never buy an antiperspirant. Some people want an antiperspirant and would never just want to not become smelly!
I suppose I'm lucky in that I don't sweat much and also I shower/bathe every day so bacteria has less time to build up. A deodorant works for me!

Mine Wed 03-Aug-22 12:27:54

I always buy dove roll on....They all smell lovely....x

AngBrew Wed 03-Aug-22 12:37:12

Thanks for your answers. I just don't want the yellowing on my clothes and wondered if anyone suffers the same with that particular make and had a suggestion of one that doesn't do this.

MerylStreep Wed 03-Aug-22 12:40:05

That’s like saying how long is a pice of string.
If you were someone who sweated a lot with a bo problem you would want Michum. If your someone like me who hardly ever sweats and hopefully doesn’t have a problem then is what’s on offfer.

Cornflower Wed 03-Aug-22 12:48:51

I use Clarins Eau Ressourçante deodorant. I have not found that it stains my clothes. And I love the fragrance!

Baggytrazzas Wed 03-Aug-22 12:57:05

AngBrew, I'd suggest you try antiperspirant , any of the main ones. I use spray in summer as I feel its fresher, and roll on in winter. If you have yellowish stains you need to wash them at 32 degrees or over otherwise they can return with warmth.

Joseanne Wed 03-Aug-22 13:04:26

There was a really good thread on deodorant versus anti perspirant back in May which might be worth a read.

Oldnproud Wed 03-Aug-22 13:57:57

AngBrew

Which Deodorant is best, I use Sure invisible aqua for anti-white marks and yellow stains but still find yellowing happening. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

I have had this yellowing problem for a couple of years now.
In fact, my husband has just complained that his clothing is now going yellow under the armpits, too, even though we dont use the same antiperspirant deodorant - he uses a Nivea aerosol, whereas I have changed from supermarket own brand to Mum, then Sure and now to Dove, but still have the problem, I think (any doubt is over what is new, rather than existing staining).

Most of my washing is done at 40°. Or at least it is supposed to be, but as I think this has only really become a problem since after we got a new washing machine, I can't help wondering if the problem lies there!

Squiffy Wed 03-Aug-22 14:14:46

Garnier Mineral works well. It's an antiperspirant, rather than deodorant, though.

karmalady Wed 03-Aug-22 14:18:27

aurelia, not cheap but is wonderful and aluminium-free

TillyTrotter Wed 03-Aug-22 14:20:05

Dove anti-perspirant spray for me - I like the pomegranate fragrance.

Skye17 Wed 03-Aug-22 14:24:26

I find PitRok stick very good. It hasn’t caused yellowing. Apparently its molecules are too big to be absorbed through the skin into the blood, so it’s safer than most deodorants/antiperspirants.

With sprays you breathe in the spray, which is a health risk.

silverlining48 Wed 03-Aug-22 14:28:30

I stopped using deodorant and anti perspirants years ago.
Unless it’s really hot weather, or you perspire a lot, there really is no need.

timetogo2016 Wed 03-Aug-22 14:40:28

I only buy Vaseline intensive care,allergic to most of the others.

JackyB Wed 03-Aug-22 16:44:56

I don't buy anything in a plastic container. At the moment I am using a cream which comes in a little tin. I have never had a problem with yellowing, though and I don't sweat much.

I also have a couple of recipes somewhere for making your own cream deodorant.

Not really an answer to the OP, but maybe an idea for a change and an environmentally friendly alternative.

VioletSky Wed 03-Aug-22 16:55:26

If you are using an antiperspirant deodorant, you should be putting it on at night before you go to bed

I like Dove, husband likes Right guard and I like the smell of that too

Hopikins Wed 03-Aug-22 16:58:39

Mum like my Mum..never fails

V3ra Wed 03-Aug-22 17:08:38

I've found that spraying the under-arm area of clothes with a stain remover (I use Tesco's own) helps launder the deodorant residue out of the clothes.

Lucca Wed 03-Aug-22 17:43:00

Mitchum without a doubt

Lucca Wed 03-Aug-22 17:44:41

But I do not have a BO problem Meryl Streep !!

Redhead56 Wed 03-Aug-22 20:51:02

Mitchum powder fresh my DIL recommended it I have used it ever since it does not mark your clothes.

Forlornhope Wed 03-Aug-22 21:00:47

silverlining48

I stopped using deodorant and anti perspirants years ago.
Unless it’s really hot weather, or you perspire a lot, there really is no need.

Same here. I haven’t bought deodorant for years since I went through the change.

silverlining48 Wed 03-Aug-22 22:54:41

So it’s just you and me then Forlorn hope.
Glad not to be alone in this, welcome!
is it habit or fear that keep people buying this.