Gransnet forums

Pedants' corner

Carluccio’s

(10 Posts)
annsixty Fri 11-Sep-20 14:01:21

I have never felt the need to start a thread on this topic before as I am fairly tolerant and laid back.
However an email from the above restaurant this morning made me smile as it is offering muscles marinara as an option.
Any takers?

Dotty123 Fri 11-Sep-20 14:05:01

My DH got it this morning too! Sadly our local Carluccio branch has closed otherwise we would certainly have tried to order some ?.

kittylester Fri 11-Sep-20 14:20:26

I suppose it depends who the muscles are attached to.

It, if we are being pedantic- to whom the muscles are attached.

I will miss Carluccio's for a pre shop breakfast or for lunch part way through. If we are ever allowed to shop normally again.

Riverwalk Fri 11-Sep-20 14:21:41

Well I'll take a marine with muscles, if there's one spare!

sodapop Fri 11-Sep-20 14:55:48

grin Riverwalk

TerriBull Fri 11-Sep-20 14:59:23

All I can say they had some muscle bound waiters when I've been there but alas that didn't guarantee a speedy service, there would be a long wait for mussels or anything else for that matter! The one on our high street closed a while back, the ambience and coffee could be good but generally there'd be a long wait, we usually went there for a late breakfast, by the time that was served it was invariably lunch time.

Marydoll Fri 11-Sep-20 15:03:18

The last time I went in for a mid morning coffee and cake. They had neither pastries nor cake. It hadn't been delivered that day.
The shelves were bare.

paddyanne Fri 11-Sep-20 15:34:04

the Glasgow branches closed when he died

BlueBelle Fri 11-Sep-20 17:35:59

Never heard of him or his restaurants but guess they could sue the printers

marshmarigold132 Fri 11-Sep-20 18:42:58

Carluccios in our town has reopened.