Gransnet forums

Pedants' corner

travelling celebs

(17 Posts)
Catlover123 Sat 31-Dec-22 14:18:10

Am I alone in being fed up with celebrities on tv going on holidays? people cruising, visiting exotic countries ect. why do we have to suffer watching these people having fun? why can't these channels spend money on more interesting programmes with EXPERTS?!

henetha Sat 31-Dec-22 14:27:00

I don't like it either because I suffer from terrible envy! Why don't they let me do one of these travel programmes.
It's not fair. (stamping foot). (Grin) 😉

kittylester Sat 31-Dec-22 14:28:02

And why is this under Pedants?

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 31-Dec-22 16:31:37

Because it’s cheap ‘entertainment’ most so called ‘celebs’ will rush to do this kind of show. Sadly there are plenty of people who enjoy reality shows.

I’m not one of them

Nandalot Sat 31-Dec-22 16:45:22

Yes, and there are far too many of these programmes.

Grantanow Mon 24-Jul-23 17:47:38

Bring back the experts. I recall excellent BBC programmes by Kenneth Clarke and Jacob Bronovski. We don't need vacuous celebs to front educational programmes.

DanniRae Tue 25-Jul-23 09:31:14

Actually I used to love Michael Palin's travel programmes (and I am rewatching his "Full Circle" at the moment!)
I also love all Joanna Lumley's travel programmes.
So, sorry I don't agree with you ........ and being a celeb doesn't make you vacuous in my opinion!

Aveline Tue 25-Jul-23 09:36:52

Michael Palin and Joanna Lumley are terrific travel broadcasters of many years experience. However, I don't bother watching any of those other celebs travel shows. There are so many of them. Just because someone is a popular TV chef or minor social media 'star' doesn't mean I'm interested in their free holidays.

sophya Fri 08-Sep-23 05:13:52

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Chardy Fri 08-Sep-23 07:20:58

I don't think I've ever watched a celeb travel programme, nor particularly noticed one when channel-hopping. (The ones I constantly trip over are food programmes full of meat, fish, expensive ingredients and occasional celebs)

BlueBelle Fri 08-Sep-23 07:23:52

I dislike these intensely and totally agree with you Catlover
I m completely fed up with ‘celebrities’ full stop

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 08-Sep-23 07:27:49

Another old thread resurrected by an advertiser.

Who I’ve reported.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 08-Sep-23 07:28:58

My solution - choose another channel, read a book or do something more interesting.

MerylStreep Fri 08-Sep-23 07:39:32

Catlover123

Am I alone in being fed up with celebrities on tv going on holidays? people cruising, visiting exotic countries ect. why do we have to suffer watching these people having fun? why can't these channels spend money on more interesting programmes with EXPERTS?!

I’m sorry that you have to suffer like this, but, here’s an idea,
Why don’t you find something else to watch
I realise it’s a bit of a left field idea but it can be done through a device called a remote control

Foxygloves Fri 08-Sep-23 07:39:50

Spam LLFL

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 08-Sep-23 07:47:54

Ahh!

JackyB Fri 08-Sep-23 08:30:36

Oopsadaisy1

Another old thread resurrected by an advertiser.

Who I’ve reported.

I thought there was a bit much activity - even for pedants - here in pedanrs' corner so early in the morning.