Gransnet forums

Pets

Minnie, she is definitely odd!

(8 Posts)
phoenix Wed 14-Mar-18 22:04:35

Evening all, hope you are all well, sending good wishes to those that need them.

Well, this new feline, Minnie, is definitely a bit of a case confused

On the plus side, she and Oliver Sprout are getting on like a house on fire. Actually to be completely honest, I think OS is quite relieved when she goes for a nap.

The galumphing (which she always seems to start) up and down the hall, through the sitting room, then hiding behind the curtains and jumping out with a great leap, I can imagine might become a tad wearing.

I came down on Sunday morning to find the kitchen door closed, and Mr P on the other side seeming to have a conversation with Minnie along the lines of "Now, come on, get out from under the table, no, that wont do, please, just come here" confused

I left them to their own devices.

Eventually it became clear that Minnie had come in with something dangling from her mouth, which Mr p thought might be the tail of a mouse.

In order to limit the places that it might scuttle off to (if it was still alive) he shut the kitchen door.

Turned out there was no need to worry, as her first "kill" was an earthworm confused

hildajenniJ Wed 14-Mar-18 23:39:36

A worm eh! On to bigger things then. She sounds delightful and great fun.
Since our dog died, the cat from across the road has become brave enough to walk in to our house if the door is open. It's a very good mouser so I hope we don't get any "gifts".

sodapop Thu 15-Mar-18 09:01:48

Well everyone has to start somewhere Phoenix sounds like Minnie is giving you a lot pleasure.

shysal Thu 15-Mar-18 09:02:18

Minnie sounds like another animal with character. She will fit into your household well! (I hope). smile

Charleygirl Thu 15-Mar-18 14:47:15

phoenix Minnie has to start somewhere ie the worm. No doubt she will progress to bigger and ?better things like rats?!

She sounds delightful and would definitely waken up Tara, that is if she was allowed in her house. How old is Minnie-have you any idea?

phoenix Thu 15-Mar-18 21:26:38

Hello Charleygirl Minnie is supposed to be about two and a half, but Mr P and I are thinking she may be younger. I need to try to get a look at her back teeth.

LynneB59 Tue 27-Mar-18 17:56:45

She sounds so cute. I had a cat who used to bring me various presents - frogs, slugs, sausages from a neighbour's barbecue, clothes pegs, pebbles, moths.... lots of things. The frogs (3 of them) hopping about in the dining room must have been the worst!

phoenix Tue 27-Mar-18 18:47:04

Lynne that looks very much like Minnie, but bigger!

I really must get some photos. She is currently sitting on my shoulder, shoving a small, cold wet nose into my right ear confused

Most mornings I wake up to find a washing up sponge on the bed. She has a bit of a thing about them, no idea why!