Gransnet forums

Pets

Rain rain rain

(14 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Thu 12-Apr-18 13:45:05

Here last week ended beautifully with sunny mild weather, so I put our electric blankets away, and of course, it turned cold again. Still sunny, but the gale force wind goes through you like a knife. Fine for drying washing in though.

Dear Clerk of the Weather, while I am grateful for every day where it doesn't rain, could we please have less wind, or at least a warmer one?

Cats had started to go out again, but how they are indoor animals again.

grannyqueenie Wed 11-Apr-18 18:07:47

We have dd1 and crew, including a small (once white but
now damp and manky dog), staying this week. The dog’s so small that he only has to step outside and he’s muddy up to his armpits! Talk of muddy springers made me smile, when we had ours years ago she just loved these conditions!
Like everyone else I’m just fed up with rain and wonder how anything will evergrow in the bog that was my garden or more importantly in the fields around here.

Washerwoman Wed 11-Apr-18 15:01:08

You have my sympathy.We were house training our two springers-litter mates -in similar conditions 4 years ago.A couple of days after we brought them home the heavens opened and it rained on and off for weeks.Our garden became an absolute quagmire,and the little girl hated it so much she took to standing on the mesh over the fishpond to do a wee !For months afterwards she was the only spaniel I've ever known that would skirt round a puddle and hated mud !Now she loves to swim,and I've just finished yet another filthy walk and had to wash her and her brother down thoroughly. Again.I have abiding memories of standing out late at night in my nightwear with DHS huge jacket and wellies on with a torch supervising the last run out of what seemed hundreds a day !

Jalima1108 Mon 09-Apr-18 19:32:16

It nearly stopped yesterday although it was very muddy underfoot. And today?
Back to rain.

Never mind, I think we are due for sunshine next week when the children go back to school as kathsue said.

I hope the puppy remembers where she is supposed to go once it stops raining.

Smithy Mon 09-Apr-18 18:51:39

I've got a few things to ask him up there aswell, waterneadow, so I'll add your prayer to mine. It's been beautiful today in the NE , unbelievably, so it'll probs be a swarm of locusts tomorrow.

Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 18:44:23

Nothing I can add except - it's raining in Mid Wales

hildajenniJ Mon 09-Apr-18 18:40:56

We have a dry, sunny day in Northumberland. I went to visit DD and didn't need a coat or umbrella! We do get plenty of rain though. DH finally managed some gardening this morning. More rain forecast though. ?
youtu.be/mxmmvHsDeuI Here's someone enjoying the rain.

midgey Mon 09-Apr-18 18:00:28

My lawn is so wet the frogs have laid their spawn on it!

OurKid1 Mon 09-Apr-18 17:09:06

If you need any more convincing, could you please hold off the rain for long enough so that my garden dries out a bit? I'm sick of plants rotting in the ground, the bird-food turning to a solid lump before the starving little things get their beaks on it, mud being brought into the house and washing drying everywhere but on the line. On yes, don't forget watermeadows puppy, who is doing her best in trying circumstances. Thank you.

kittylester Mon 09-Apr-18 17:08:41

Sorry, we've just bought a new garden table and chairs so that's b*****ed the weather for weeks to come.

kathsue Mon 09-Apr-18 17:08:04

Hopefully we'll get some sunshine next week when the children go back to schoolsmile. Good luck with your puppy

Situpstraight Mon 09-Apr-18 17:06:18

PS. Sorry can’t help about this blasted weather !

Situpstraight Mon 09-Apr-18 17:05:51

Get some Puppy Pads, she will use those, you then fold them up and put into the bin.

watermeadow Mon 09-Apr-18 17:03:51

Dear God,
you may have other things on your mind but PLEASE stop this damn blasted incessant rain. I’m trying to house-train a teeny weeny puppy who, understandably, refuses to go outside for fear of drowning.
On the two fine days we have had since she arrived she wee’d beautifully in the garden. It will be another four weeks before she can go for walkies. While I’m repeatedly on my knees scrubbing the floor I may as well do a bit of praying, so here it is.
Thanks in advance for the six weeks of glorious sunshine starting tomorrow.
Xxx