Gransnet forums

Pets

Nearly lost them!

(13 Posts)
phoenix Mon 20-May-19 19:02:45

Or "Oliver Sprout & Minnie take a trip"

We lifted the laminate in the sitting room yesterday, and stacked it up in the hall, ready for my friend Emma to collect. (She wants it for her sitting room, and saved us taking it to the tip in umpteen trips only to go to landfill)

So, she arrived this morning in her adapted van, done out beautifully as a camper for her and the twins. And the two rescue dogs.

We loaded it all, she set off and I went to work.

Well, it seems she got out of our road, then out of the next one, only to get the fright of her life when Oliver Sprout popped up next to her shoulder shock

She turned around, and dropped him off by the front door. I don't think he gave her a tip, but then he might not have had any change.

Off she went again, and nearly managed to actually get out of the village before hearing a faint miaow from somewhere under one of the beds.

Yes, Minnie, who had also hitched a ride!

So Emma turned round again and deposited the little baggage back home.

Honestly, those two, they would try the patience of a saint!

Doodle Mon 20-May-19 19:10:04

Hmmm. ? oliver and minnie both making a bid for freedom. What have you been up to phoenix? Are you not providing the 5 star accommodation expected for such elegant pussies. Have standards been dropping? Are they planning a road trip. Perhaps a blog, Oliver and Minnie hit the road. I shall have to look out for it. ?

Charleygirl5 Mon 20-May-19 19:18:33

I agree Doodle this is probably a case for the RSPCA if both want to abandon ship!!!

Seriously, a good job it was a friend because both could have been dumped by the side of the road if it had been somebody delivering.

That is one of their 7 lives gone.

phoenix Mon 20-May-19 20:02:21

Ok, I will come clean and confess.

A couple of weeks ago, as my local Morrison's has been undergoing a complete refurb and extension, some of the usual items I buy didn't seem to be available.

The usual brand of cat food pouches were not available, and they had previously both turned up their dainty little noses at Whiskas shock

So, yes, ok, you've got me banged to rights, I (gulp) bought supermarket own brand blush

I know now it was wrong, but I felt I had no choice! I thought "Hey, it's probably all made in the same factory, if they don't see the wrapper they will never know"

What a fool I was, how could I have been so stupid and naive? Oliver Sprout was so insulted that he registered his feelings by peeing on the curtains angry and Minnie found even more places to leave items from her sponge collection.

(I can't tell you how disconcerting it is to step on one with bare feet in the dark) She also upped her flatulence level confused

I have promised them both that it will never happen again, however at the time of writing, I have received no such assurances from them regarding peeing on the curtains, flatulence or sponge distribution.

Slowcookervegan Mon 20-May-19 20:31:36

I love your cat posts, they make my day. Thank you.

phoenix Mon 20-May-19 20:51:36

Thank you scv (hope you don't mind the abbreviation?)

There have been many posts about my mogs on GN over the years!

Oliver Sprout & Minnie are the current ones, but Digby, Maurice, Clucky & Lily (all sadly departed) have had the odd moment of "fame" on here!

sodapop Mon 20-May-19 20:59:39

Phoenix how could you, your cats are used to a much better class of cuisine, they will be sending out for takeaways if things don't improve.
Wish sponges were the only thing I had to worry about standing on, one of our dogs has a bad gastro infection, you can guess the rest.shock

Doodle Mon 20-May-19 21:11:55

I knew it. Coming on here and pretending it’s the cats fault for getting in the van when all the time it was you, yes you phoenix feeding them low standard cat food. Supermarket own brand indeed...I bet it was the economy version bogoff. Probably a plastic bag of reject bits. And you wonder they left. Piss on the curtains, I am not surprised. And what’s more you blamed poor minnie for the flatulence because you were feeding her inferior food. Well now we know the full story. Humpf. ?. Charley and I will be keeping a close eye on things from now on. We will be watching ?

phoenix Mon 20-May-19 21:40:19

blush

Charleygirl5 Mon 20-May-19 21:44:58

Doodle better still, I can look after the two cats in a manner to which they have never been accustomed. they will be well fed, loved and cherished. The RSPCA will sigh with relief.

Doodle Mon 20-May-19 22:21:43

I agree charlie they would be well cared for by you but do you think we ought to give phoenix one more chance. If she promised never to feed them inferior food again. To plump up their cushions every day and never again embarrass poor minnie by mentioning her flatulence on the internet for all to read about. Do you think Oliver and minnie could be persuaded to give her one more try?
We would need to be vigilant. Watch the thread titles to see what’s going on. At the first sign of trouble we could swoop down and carry them to safety. What do you think? One more chance? ?

Auntieflo Mon 20-May-19 23:06:52

They are making a bid for stardom like that other well known S.I.M.O.N. ???

grandtanteJE65 Thu 23-May-19 13:35:50

It's not your fault at all, Phoenix, they just either fancied a ride in a car, or thought you were moving house along with the floor.

It's a great lark scaring your people sick, isn' t it? Trold disappeared for four hours today and was not within earshot either in our out of our garden. Then he did the Cheshire cat's re-appearing number in front of his food dish. I have literally no idea where he came from.

I swear that cat becomes invisible at will!