Gransnet forums

Pets

Rehoming an adored dog

(12 Posts)
watermeadow Sat 08-Feb-20 18:48:58

My daughter’s last dog was a rescue from Cyprus. He was an absolute nightmare but she loved him until he got out and was run over a year ago.
Now she has adopted a little dog whose owner has died. He’s as good as gold and was adored by his old owner. Her friends are collecting him tomorrow to take him to the old lady’s funeral. She asked to be buried with a photograph of him.
Isn’t that a lovely thing to do?

phoenix Sat 08-Feb-20 18:52:06

Truly lovely *watermeadow and shows how important pets are to their owners.

Oopsminty Sat 08-Feb-20 18:52:21

That is lovely.

And how wonderful that the little dog has a loving home to go to

NumNum Sat 08-Feb-20 18:59:15

That's really lovely and it's wonderful of your daughter to adopt him - well done her!!

I had 7 dogs until just before Christmas - have recently lost 2 of them to old age and all of them are 'rescues'.

I wouldn't be without them for the world!! smile

watermeadow Sun 09-Feb-20 11:06:35

Num Num I’m so sorry, losing two old friends close together must be awful. It never gets any easier, does it?

Alexa Sun 09-Feb-20 11:32:55

Rescues seem to easily rehome aged dogs especially id small and short coated,

etheltbags1 Sun 09-Feb-20 11:43:39

All my dogs and cats have been rehomed or rescued apart from my new kitten. I'm so glad there are some kind folk in the world

shysal Sun 09-Feb-20 13:13:37

A week ago I found a loose cocker spaniel in a harness trailing a lead. With several neighbours we managed to round her up and one took her home. It turned out that she had no microchip and wasn't house trained. Somebody's CCTV showed her being dumped in the early hours of the morning! I don't understand why the owners couldn't have taken her to a rescue centre, how cruel to leave her abandoned and so distressed!
Thank goodness for those willing to offer happy homes to such dogs.

Daisymae Sun 09-Feb-20 13:18:19

Yes, lovely thing to do. So glad that your daughter is giving the dog a good home.

sodapop Sun 09-Feb-20 15:17:05

Yes why do people do that shysal so cruel. As you say they could easily have taken the dog to a rescue centre.

So glad your daughter can give the little dog a home watermeadow

Framilode Sun 09-Feb-20 17:53:49

That is heartwarming watermeadow.

curvygran950 Sun 09-Feb-20 18:51:14

Lovely post, watermeadow , such a positive and good thing to read after looking at some of the unkind and aggressive threads that , sadly, seem to be on gransnet at the moment .