Gransnet forums

Pets

Pet Bedding

(4 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Sun 13-Sep-20 14:37:53

How do all you lovely people on gransnet wash your pet bedding, I know I’m going to regret this when I take my lovely cats covers out of the washing machine, I did buy a disc to put in with the covers meant to take the hair off it didn’t, I’m thinking should I have put them in the bath and do it that way, too late now they are going round on the hand wash cycle, I did try and get the majority of the fur off before they went in though with the pet remover brush, Am I going to regret this in the next 20mins ??

Charleygirl5 Sun 13-Sep-20 15:14:25

My pet's bedding nowadays is mainly my duvet cover- the one I use nightly and to date there has never been a problem. Tara would not lower herself to sleep in a cat bed nowadays when she has a choice of armchairs, window sills and double beds!

phoenix Sun 13-Sep-20 15:20:00

TrendyNannie try putting it inside an old pillow case, and then tie the pillow case up with old tights.

Should contain the worst of the fluff!smile

seacliff Sun 13-Sep-20 16:58:01

I volunteer for a cat charity and foster cats, so I am often washing very fluffy covers etc. . They provided me with this big wash bag, which is excellent. More money than an old pillow case though. www.littlefieldsfarm.com/moorland-rider-petwear-wash-bag-2?adGroupId=83136950367&device=c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhvf6BRCkARIsAGl1GGhUI8ZDspHjfTco0_OwzBrx2nc-KVK72vV4GYEZr1U_MmI23rBp4KEaApm-EALw_wcB