Gransnet forums

Pets

Iā€™m so excited! šŸ¤©

(33 Posts)
FannyCornforth Wed 12-Apr-23 11:51:09

Hello smile
A few days ago in The Times there was a brief article about this company.
They make replicas of your dog or cat. (They use the word ā€˜cloneā€™, but Iā€™m not keen on that.)
They are in the Phillipines.
After a couple of emails back and forth, I have ordered a replica of my late, much adored Tibetan Spaniel, Lily Bean.
Iā€™ll post a link and photos shortly.

FannyCornforth Wed 12-Apr-23 11:52:30

www.pampanga-teddybear.store/index.htm

FannyCornforth Wed 12-Apr-23 11:53:14

This is Lily. Wasnā€™t she absolutely beautiful

aggie Wed 12-Apr-23 11:53:49

Whew ! I thought you were getting a puppy sent to you !

ixion Wed 12-Apr-23 11:53:56

Er, what sort of replica is this to be? And why so far afield?

FannyCornforth Wed 12-Apr-23 11:54:52

ixion itā€™s a soft toy.

ixion Wed 12-Apr-23 12:42:43

Awww. Cute!
Man made fibres?šŸ¤ž

FannyCornforth Wed 12-Apr-23 13:06:32

Thank you! I realise now that my op was a bit worrisome!
I should have mentioned ā€˜soft toyā€™ sooner šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Callistemon21 Wed 12-Apr-23 13:25:24

She looks gorgeous.
We do miss them, don't we. It's a pity we can't clone them!

I tried to paint a picture of one of our dogs once but it wasn't very good, didn't do him justice at all.

watermeadow Thu 13-Apr-23 19:04:16

I thought it was taxidermy!
I had my last beloved dogā€™s ashes returned to me but wish I hadnā€™t. The box means nothing to me. A far better remembrance of her is the picture a friend drew of her whilst she was still well.

Oldbat1 Thu 13-Apr-23 19:48:05

watermeadow Iā€™m not into having ashes returned but friends have had some of their pets ashes made into rings or brooches or lockets.
FannyCornforth is it made from synthetic fibres?

ixion Thu 13-Apr-23 19:57:48

Please proceed with caution FC and do your homework really thoroughly.
I have nightmare scenarios about rounding up strays, dog meat consumption, the pelts have to go somewhere?
I know you are a pet lover, please be carefulšŸ˜¢

valdali Thu 13-Apr-23 20:04:40

A replica soft toy sounds brilliant Fanny. & Lily Bean's pic is beautiful. Why hasn't anyone in GB thought of this? I did think you meant a puppy, my husband spent quite a lot of time looking into the possibility of getting our late cocker spaniel cloned a few years back. I think that's creepy & we now have a 1 yr old cocker spaniel of the same ilk (but uniquely himself) to console us.

Blondiescot Thu 13-Apr-23 20:12:40

Oldbat1

watermeadow Iā€™m not into having ashes returned but friends have had some of their pets ashes made into rings or brooches or lockets.
FannyCornforth is it made from synthetic fibres?

I had some of our old black Lab's ashes incorporated into a glass rainbow arch. Seemed an appropriate way to remember him.

GrandmaSeaDragon Thu 13-Apr-23 20:18:15

watermeadow, weā€™ve had all our dogs cremated and their ashes returned. Weā€™ve scattered their ashes in their favourite places. Our last lovely boy, who shared our life for 12 years, is in the bluebell woods - the first place we walked him after bringing him home from rescue kennels. I donā€™t keep the boxes, just the remembrance cards and we have the memories, of course.

FannyCornforth Fri 14-Apr-23 04:04:25

Yes, itā€™s definitely synthetic fibres. Worry not! smile

FannyCornforth Fri 14-Apr-23 04:09:51

Blondie that sounds lovely.
I looked into the jewellery made from ashes but I couldnā€™t find anything that I liked.
In the depths of grief following Lilyā€™s death I thought about having the Tibetan word for Lily tattooed somewhere on my person šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
I remember my dear Nan saying ā€˜that dog was loved more than many childrenā€™ sad

Blondiescot Fri 14-Apr-23 07:49:34

FannyCornforth

Blondie that sounds lovely.
I looked into the jewellery made from ashes but I couldnā€™t find anything that I liked.
In the depths of grief following Lilyā€™s death I thought about having the Tibetan word for Lily tattooed somewhere on my person šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
I remember my dear Nan saying ā€˜that dog was loved more than many childrenā€™ sad

I got my rainbow arch from Etsy. I did consider the jewellery thing too, but it wasn't really for me.

mom0 Tue 18-Apr-23 02:28:18

wow i've also saw this in my facebook page!

FannyCornforth Tue 30-May-23 06:30:04

Hello!
The clever people at Plush-A-Pet have made my replica Lily!
I havenā€™t received her yet, but they have sent these photos
Here she is

Joseann Tue 30-May-23 06:44:25

The replica does bear quite a resemblance to your precious Lily, FannyCornforth. Nice to have something invitingly tactile.

FannyCornforth Tue 30-May-23 06:49:15

Thank you Joseann!
The muzzle is too flat, but I canā€™t complain!
I love her eyes and tail.
I might get one of Gracie so that they can sit together.

It was quite difficult because I have very few photos of Lily due to not having a smart phone at the time, and I wasnā€™t one for taking photographs at the time either

She is the first Tibetan Spaniel that they have made, I think

Caramme Tue 30-May-23 08:12:06

People who donā€™t have pets just donā€™t understand how much they mean to us. I hope you get comfort from your replica Lily.

Grammaretto Tue 30-May-23 08:30:44

For those who prefer sculptures, I highly recommend animal artist Simon Griffiths. I think he sometimes works from photos.
His work is stunning.
www.simongriffithssculpture.co.uk/

FannyCornforth Tue 30-May-23 08:51:39

His work is absolutely beautiful Grammaretto
But itā€™s pricey, itā€™s Ā£7,000 for a non- made to order wild dog, so I canā€™t imagine how much a bespoke dog would be!
His birds are the best I think.

Do you have any of his sculptures?