Gransnet forums

Pictures

Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't appear to have loaded, refresh the page (they can be slow to appear). If it doesn't load at all, try making it smaller (50KB max).

Crochet

(78 Posts)
Galen Tue 25-Mar-14 17:21:29

This lack of work is driving me mad! I've even crocheted a 'stroller/ car blanket' for my tiddler DGD

Galen Tue 25-Mar-14 17:24:02

I spent the afternoon baking a 'graggy' (banana ) cake for the toddler DGD. Parcelled up the things for DD's 40th birthday. ( can I really have a 40 year old daughter?)
What do I do know?

Galen Tue 25-Mar-14 17:24:50

Now! (Dementia slipping in)

Grannyknot Tue 25-Mar-14 18:05:48

Galen, I love that blanket! Do you take commissions? I can only knit.

ffinnochio Tue 25-Mar-14 18:09:57

Oh - this is lovely Galen. Really like the simplicity of design and colour. I really can't call what I do knitting, and as for crochet - not a clue.

Galen Tue 25-Mar-14 18:13:05

There's the odd mistake in it but but at 5months old I don't think tiddler will notice.
I can't knit! My crochet is rather uneven, I'd need to practice more before I took on commissions! I'm hoping the work will pick up (if ATOS or successor sort themselves out) then, when the backlog hits us I suspect I won't have time to think.
I was worried about retiring as I thought I'd be bored, but now, I'm learning about things called 'hobbies'
I wonder, does anybody else have this fear of retirement?

Grannyknot Tue 25-Mar-14 18:23:09

I am retiring in July and I can't wait! Mind you, I already have a 2 day a week lined up for end September. But first I am having the whoooole summer off.

So husband says I am a "retread" - 're-tyred' you see!

kittylester Tue 25-Mar-14 18:27:38

Fabulous Galen - I'm hopeless at doing clever things with my hands. wine

JessM Tue 25-Mar-14 19:27:09

Very mathematical crochet. Anyone got a pattern for a lacy cotton shawl?
I have some nice books that show you how to crochet sea creatures, but not competent enough yet.

penguinpaperback Tue 25-Mar-14 19:40:39

That looks lovely Galen and I do like the border colour.
Jess www.ravelry.com Is a crochet and knitting site and they have hundreds of patterns, some free and some very cheap.
Apologies if you are already a member but I've downloaded many a pattern from there.
I knit, simple stuff, crochet is too numbery crunchery for me. smile

Galen Tue 25-Mar-14 20:04:26

jessM if you like the crochet crowd on face book! they've several lacy patterns. Or just google, free lacy shawl patterns. I'll share ' crochet crown on FB on my posts and you can see.

Galen Fri 04-Apr-14 14:06:01

Just done another one for a friend whose DD is expecting a boy.

JessM Fri 04-Apr-14 18:08:11

lovely. Is it cotton?

annodomini Fri 04-Apr-14 20:17:06

Great work, Galen. I've been meaning to learn to crochet for two years now and still haven't had the patience to put in the effort. You have my full admiration. smile

harrigran Sat 05-Apr-14 00:22:22

You are clever Galen, the blankets are beautiful smile

Anne58 Sat 05-Apr-14 01:16:09

Feeling very much the wrong side of useless when it comes to things like this, can't crochet, can't knit (would love to be able to, as I like my jumpers on the long side) can't sew, expect a bloody round of applause on the odd occasion that I manage to sew a damn button on!

Galen Sat 05-Apr-14 22:39:12

I can't knit either!
Or sew! This is my current project!

Galen Wed 09-Apr-14 11:40:23

It's now finished! What do I do next?

Dragonfly1 Wed 09-Apr-14 11:56:37

Cushion covers?

Galen Wed 09-Apr-14 13:11:03

Might start some 'granny squares' to make into a waistcoat for DGD

harrigran Wed 09-Apr-14 18:02:55

I have been knitting since I was six but none of my family want hand knits now.

Galen Wed 09-Apr-14 18:53:35

DARLING DAUGHTER has decided she doesn't like the colours.
As the wool alone cost £40-50 I'm not best pleased!
Heaven knows what I do with it now!

TAB12 Wed 09-Apr-14 19:09:10

Galen could you turn it into cushion covers, expensive cushion covers!! but better than it go to waist smile

Galen Wed 09-Apr-14 19:14:33

It's crochet. You can't cut it!
So no!

Elegran Wed 09-Apr-14 19:16:00

Sell it on Ebay? On Foksy or Etsy? Raffle it and give the money to a charity (but watch out for the raffle rules)