Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Dyson testers needed to put the new Dyson Digital Slim through its paces – (DC44 RRP £280) - Only the rushed off their feet this Christmas need apply...

(23 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 18-Dec-12 13:30:52

We've been asked by Dyson to find 5 gransnetters who are willing and able to try out the new Dyson Digital Slim - DC44.

Dyson say: "The Dyson Digital Slim™ is one of Dyson’s newest inventions and is a lightweight cordless vacuum cleaner, engineered for nimble, high performance spot cleaning. From cobwebs in corners to quick skirting boards and stairs, it is balanced for floor to ceiling cordless cleaning.

Dyson's DC44 is also perfect for quick clean ups - so you'll be ready for any surprise visitors this festive period".

More info here: www.dyson.co.uk/vacuumcleaners/digital-slim/dc44.aspx

We're looking for gransnetters to try this who:

- are around between now and Christmas eve to receive the product (and ideally have a house-full of guests)

- are at home over Christmas break to try it out (it's ideal for whizzing round under the tree)

- willing to add feedback - at least twice - to a thread on Gransnet over the festive season - we'll be looking for you to add your responses to some questions and also to add further thoughts

- willing to add a review here: www.gransnet.com/reviews/household-goods

- are in the UK

Dyson would also like to set gransnetters some challenges with their DC44 - these will be sent to the selected testers and you'll be asked to add your feedback on how you got on with the challenges.

We're also looking for the testers to send in some video footage of the DC44 being used around the home - and completing the challenges. If you're happy to make a film for Dyson please tick the box on the application form. If you're selected you'll be asked to film yourself and any pets in your home using the DC44. This shouldn't be too onerous. You'll then need to send in your footage to GN. Please note the videos will then be edited into a montage and will feature on dyson.co.uk as well as on the Dyson YouTube channel as well as possibly elsewhere (eg Facebook, Mumsnet/Gransnet) - your name will not be used. You will be sent notes on filming.

If you'd like to take part please add your details here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XRR8BNF

Please note: if selected products will be sent out this week for delivery before Christmas - please only apply if you are around then for delivery and can also feedback. And for those not successful on becoming a tester, you will be emailed by Gransnet details of a special Christmas treat from Dyson.

If you add feedback as required you will be able to keep the product.

Thanks GNHQ

PS if you don't get selected or aren't able to apply for this test, please keep an eye out for the feedback thread where you could win a Dyson product of your choice.

Anne58 Tue 18-Dec-12 13:43:07

I'd like to see how it copes with:

Needles from a large real tree

Balls of fluff from 3 cats who could moult for Britain

The amazing mess my grandchildren can make with only a sausage roll and a few twiglets!

Mr P's nut shovelling habit which always results in some going on the floor.

(Not to mention cat litter that Digby manages to fling about when he's finished in the tray!)

Plus, we have a variety of surfaces including laminate, deep pile rugs, ordinary carpet on the stairs, flokati rug in front of the fire, and vinyl in the bathroom.

merlotgran Tue 18-Dec-12 14:04:03

I would like to see how it copes with:

Hairs from two dogs and a cat.

Loose dirt from shoes and dogs' feet which gets trailed into the kitchen.

Dust and fine, dry soil from when the Fen blows - we live in one of the driest areas of the country.

The usual Christmas mess including cake and biscuit crumbs and pine needles.

Debris on the kitchen floor from baking sessions.

Dust and dirt from a woodburning stove.

Bedroom fluff - I can't understand where it all comes from.

Cobwebs as we have beams in every room.

We have wooden floors with rugs and a carpeted area in the lounge.

grannyactivist Tue 18-Dec-12 14:13:23

I would just like to see a vacuum cleaner in the hands of one of the very many people who live in my house and who find it a very difficult thing to manage!! If I win one I expect everyone to have a go at 'testing' it. grin

janepearce6 Tue 18-Dec-12 15:46:29

I have entered although I don't for a moment after Daxon you want me to criticise anything ever again! I hope I didn't upset Kay but I was obviously not explaining properly!

constance Tue 18-Dec-12 15:57:55

I would love to see if it gave teenagers the incentive to experiment with what they can vacuum eg their bedrooms....

jO5 Tue 18-Dec-12 16:29:06

How many more flipping vacuum cleaners do they think we need? hmm You've still got to pick the thing up and wave/push it around. What's new about that? [ fyawn]

jO5 Tue 18-Dec-12 16:29:34

I won't enter thank you. smile

Birchy Tue 18-Dec-12 16:32:38

Last Christmas my true love gave to me a pair of ice grips for my boots. Thoughtful but never used as yet. My life living up in a remote part of the Cairngorms is one of sourcing wood to keep us warm and keep our energy bills down. Exercising 2 young rescue Malamutes who could pack a poofee with their hair. An old lab called Nosher who is now retired but likes to lay in bathroom to keep cool when our fire hears up to 28 degrees. Dog hair every where please let me be your tester as I have a constant daily battle with man and beasts.

petallus Tue 18-Dec-12 16:58:18

I'd quite like to try this cleaner.

Present cylinder Miele is very old and heavy to cart about with my polymyalgia rheumatica arms.

Not sure if it would deal with cat and rabbit hairs. Interested to find out.

Anne58 Tue 18-Dec-12 17:20:48

Oh heck, just realised that I am very unlikely to be chosen after mentioning the effect of those Dyson hand driers on aged skin! blush confused

jO5 Tue 18-Dec-12 17:22:04

Now why didn't you keep quiet?!!! hmm

They would not have remembered. You've blown it now.

Ariadne Tue 18-Dec-12 19:27:25

I think I have better things to do that clean anything!

grannyactivist Wed 19-Dec-12 00:04:03

Dear GNHQ, on reflection I have decide that I didn't exactly do my need for a new vacuum cleaner justice in my earlier post. My current vacuum is worse than useless, is just about on its last legs, and I actually need to buy a new one very soon if I don't win one. I really can't afford a new vacuum cleaner because - for the FIRST time in my whole married life my husband (The Very Wonderful Man) has agreed that I can have a new - as in never previously 'loved', or owned by anyone else - sofa if we can afford one after Christmas. shock Please don't make me choose between a sofa or a vacuum cleaner because I WILL choose the sofa and be condemned to live in filth for ever more!! I promise to make a video that would be a credit to Spielberg - if you will only give me the chance. I will vacuum behind the (new) sofa for you, the dirty hearth, the cobwebby ceilings and even that place in the utility room that I usually pretend isn't there. I can only produce one pet snake to clean up after, but his aspen snake bedding gets into all the nooks and crannies of his attic hideaway.
P.S. I'm actually cultivating a couple of very fine cobwebs, just in case.wink

glammanana Wed 19-Dec-12 08:03:00

Wow GA sofa or vacuum there is no contest really is there ?grin

petallus Fri 21-Dec-12 18:19:02

Just received a Dyson.

Surprised because I wasn't told it was on it's way.

Not sure whether this is the thread for feedback or whether there will be another dedicated thread later.

I hope I get asked to do a video. I want to do it along the lines of the Freddie Mercury/Queen one for 'I want to be free' which featured a hoover (only joking Dyson if you are listening in)

vampirequeen Fri 21-Dec-12 20:04:27

Not impressed by the loser's gift.....a 20% discount of something I wasn't planning on buying.

whenim64 Fri 21-Dec-12 20:11:51

I've got one to try, too! Flabbergasted to get the email, then at tea-time it turned up. I'll unpack it in the morning - just got two cheeky 4 year old monkeys in bed, staying over because it's mum's Christmas party. Shattered!

petallus Fri 21-Dec-12 20:24:12

I've put mine together and given it a whirl. So far looks good - as a back-up to main hoover.

I have not received any email.

when if you get stuff re. feedback and so on will you let me know? I am wondering if I gave correct email address.

Ana Fri 21-Dec-12 20:34:23

Well it sounds as though Dyson's got its delivery service sorted - it took Hoover nearly three months to deliver the one I won in September....hmm

whenim64 Fri 21-Dec-12 21:11:45

Petallus yes I've got a feedback email. Will pm you with my email address in case you want me to send it to you.

petallus Fri 21-Dec-12 21:19:02

Thanks.

grannyactivist Fri 21-Dec-12 23:21:33

I've had email; video instructions and yes, my Dyson has arrived. Yippee! Not unpacked it though because they want a video of me opening the box and I don't have my iPad for filming yet. grin