Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

NOW CLOSED GNers needed to try Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion and be in with a chance of winning an Estée Lauder goody bag worth over £180*!

(26 Posts)
KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 12-Feb-13 12:05:36

We're looking for 10 Gransnetters to try out Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion and to feedback on Gransnet.

Estée Lauder is particularly looking for folks who want to try and improve the appearance of the skin around their eye area.

Here's what Estée Lauder says about the product: "A super-potent serum, with anti-ageing technology, it helps significantly reduce the appearance of signs of damage from environmental assaults. Eyes look more beautiful, luminous, younger."

If you're selected to take part, you'll be sent a 15ml bottle of Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion (RRP £45) to try over the course of 1 month. You should use the serum every day for the full month in accordance with the instructions provided in the product box. You'll then need to add your feedback to a thread on Gransnet - as well as a review in our skincare beauty reviews section. Each tester will also receive a bottle of the iconic Advanced Night Repair Face Serum as an additional thank you.

Everyone who takes part and adds their comments to the feedback thread will be entered into a free prize draw for the chance to win an Estée Lauder goody bag worth over £180, including: Advanced Night Repair Eye Infusion (15ml), Revitalizing Supreme Creme (50ml), Sumptuous Extreme Mascara (8ml), Pure Color Gloss (6ml) and Very Estée Eau de Parfum (30ml).

So, if you'd like to take part please complete the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Esteelaudergransnet. The 10 successful entrants will be selected on 18th February on the basis of completing all the questions on the survey.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

*Entrants must be 18 or over. No purchase necessary. Closing date 18/02/2013. Successful entrants' details will be sent to Estée Lauder so their products can be sent out. Please only complete the survey if you're happy for us to pass on your details to Estée Lauder in the event that you are selected to take part. Your details will only be used by them for the purpose of sending out the products and goody bag to the prize winner.

Gally Tue 12-Feb-13 12:33:38

Just completed this. Anything which will fend off the approaching wrinkles and possibly improve on what plus points I may have, would be welcome grin

glassortwo Tue 12-Feb-13 12:43:32

I have just completed the survey never used anything on my eyes before but think the time has come, but the damage may already be done.

Elegran Tue 12-Feb-13 13:01:44

Same here, Glass and Gally.

Better late than never, I suppose.

Nelliemoser Tue 12-Feb-13 13:19:35

This has come at an interesting time. I am just re-reading Ben Goldcare's "Bad Science" about testing such things and the claims made.

I also note that we have been given a survey before being chosen for the trial. That does not exactly sound like random selection and we we were asked what our expectations were.

Here's what Estée Lauder says about the product: as all such product

"A super-potent serum, with anti-ageing technology, it helps significantly reduce the appearance of signs of damage from environmental assaults. Eyes look more beautiful, luminous, younger."

The survey seems to be carried out by "www.surveymonkey.com" I like the monkey bit, they have lots of wrinkles! If it can work for them it might just work on the bags under my eyes.
Here's hoping I said the right things in the survey about why I wanted to take part.

Movedalot Tue 12-Feb-13 13:27:37

Me too

nightowl Tue 12-Feb-13 13:45:23

I would be happier if GNHQ gave some thought to the companies they promote. Estée Lauder is a company that tests on animals and as such I would never buy their products.

Riverwalk Tue 12-Feb-13 14:17:04

I'd be happier if GN just made it clear that they are promoting companies - nothing wrong with that, the site has to pay its way!

The idea that these products are being 'tried out' when they've been on the market for years is a bit disingenuous.

It was the same with the Dyson - I entered the competition as I needed a new vacuum, wasn't chosen but bought one anyway.

The new Dyson is fully on the market so the 'testing' must have been done years' ago! It's not as if they were offering us the chance to try out the prototype.

Nothing wrong with advertising - just be upfront!

Galen Tue 12-Feb-13 15:05:55

Oh yes please. I love Estée products!

Ana Tue 12-Feb-13 15:36:03

Same with the Cadbury's eggs, Riverwalk - they were on sale well before the 'exclusive preview' was offered...

glammanana Wed 13-Feb-13 05:45:29

I've done the survey and may be lucky to have slight wrinkles gone for DSs wedding ,all I need to do now is "preview" any Cosmetic Surgeons who are offering free face lifts and liposuction and I'll be set for the off.grin

annemac101 Wed 13-Feb-13 11:51:39

Every little helps! Hope Im lucky.

Cagsy Thu 14-Feb-13 14:33:35

Don't like to think of myself as vain but my eyes appear to be ageing faster than the rest of me so happy to try a product that might help - as long as I can be honest in my view of its efficacy!

weather Thu 14-Feb-13 15:05:25

love to be chosen to try this serum, with anti-ageing technology its just what I need for the wrinkles!

MaggieP Thu 14-Feb-13 17:38:39

I don't have a problem with entering, just hope I can try the product! Ageing certainly shows in the eye area....

hummingbird Thu 14-Feb-13 18:05:17

I'm with you, Glamma - would love to try out the serum, but bring on the cosmetic surgeon!

NfkDumpling Thu 14-Feb-13 18:56:49

Hopefully the next test will be for saggy double chins.

psg1968 Fri 15-Feb-13 09:01:08

ive always got either dark circles or puffy eyes so would be a good guinea pig!!

bev62 Fri 15-Feb-13 09:45:46

Help desperately needed around the eyes please please please!!

Noni Sun 24-Feb-13 21:59:32

Just received my sample, but no guidance given on whether this is to be used on it's own, or, as it is labelled as a serum, with an eye cream on top?
Any guidance GN would be appreciated!
Meanwhile, used it this morning and finding it easy to apply.
Watch this space....

maxdrans Sun 24-Feb-13 22:35:33

I have received my sample I agree the instructions could be clearer any guidance would be very helpful

glammanana Mon 25-Feb-13 08:46:08

I have received my sample and have used it for the past few nights along with the face serum that was sent as an extra treat.thank you so much.

KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 25-Feb-13 17:28:23

Hi Noni and maxdrans I'll speak to Estée Lauder and let you know what they say.

KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 26-Feb-13 10:49:34

With regards to applying the eye serum, Estée Lauder say:

"On the subject of how to use, this eye serum should be applied under the eye area as instructed on the letter. If you have more advanced eye concerns, this serum can layered and applied before another eye product."

If you didn't receive the letter with the product, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a copy of the instructions.

Noni Wed 27-Feb-13 16:30:26

Thanks KatieB. I did get the letter with it, just wasn't sure if I should use a cream as well. You've answered that, so thanks very much!