Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

NOW CLOSED GNers needed to be part of The Chocolate Forum

(54 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 28-Aug-13 13:56:02

We're looking for 500 people to be part of a new panel over the next year; The Chocolate Forum. We're looking for a wide range of people to take part, including gransnetters and non gransnetters - so if you know someone who might be interested please do pass this email on. It's open to everyone including those with children, without children, grans and granddads.

We can't say too much at the moment but in brief this will involve working with Kinnerton confectionery and Mumsnet/Gransnet over the next year to help develop ideas for new chocolate products as well as discussing their current ranges (there may also be some taste testing involved too!)

If you are selected to be part of the panel you will need to commit to taking part in at least six activities between now and September 2014. Some of these projects may have quite a quick turn around and responses will often be needed within one week. Each task will be incentivised with a prize draw.

So if you'd like to be part of The Chocolate Forum please sign up here. There are quite a few questions on the sign up form as we really need to ensure we recruit a wide range of people so please bear with us. If you're selected your name and address may be passed onto Kinnerton so they can send you items relating to research tasks, however none of your other details will be passed on to anyone.

We'll be in touch with those selected soon.

Thanks and good luck,

Katie @ GNHQ

NB this has already been sent to the GN research panel so if you've already signed up there's no need to sign up again.

shelby75 Wed 28-Aug-13 14:08:37

"We can't say too much at the moment but in brief this will involve working with Kinnerton confectionery and Mumsnet/Gransnet over the next year to help develop ideas for new chocolate products as well as discussing their current ranges (there may also be some taste testing involved too!)"

What a great job to have!

Just a thought, dairy free chocolate can be such a hard thing to come by, depending on what shops you have near by and it usually contains soya. A third of all dairy allergy sufferers also have a soya allergy. Gap in the market there.

kittylester Wed 28-Aug-13 14:11:26

What is GN Research panel. Something else I've missed. [blue]

kittylester Wed 28-Aug-13 14:12:57

sad not [blue] - I keep doing that too. confused

Bez Wed 28-Aug-13 15:10:45

I was wondering that too Kitty

PRINTMISS Thu 29-Aug-13 12:02:23

I have just had a look at the form to fill in, and perhaps I am being picky, but on question 15 Who lif anyone currently lives with you in your household - there is no box for husband/wife. Right at the top is 'partner', then right at the bottom is 'other'. I have lived with my husband for 61 years, so o.k. we are partners, but marriage is an institution, not to everyones taste, but still here! Perhaps a place for 'spouse' (a good old fashioned word) could have been found? Put me right off.

Movedalot Thu 29-Aug-13 12:09:44

Any idea what proportion of couples are married these days? Perhaps there are more 'partners' than 'spouses'? Wouldn't have done any harm to put spouse/partner would it?

PRINTMISS Thu 29-Aug-13 14:20:06

Quite Movedalot. No idea what proportion of couples are married these days, but we are still around, so it is nice to be recognised as such.

kittylester Thu 29-Aug-13 16:52:12

I was slightly put out by that but going for the chocolate won blush

henetha Thu 29-Aug-13 20:46:17

I'm far too busy carrying out my own intensive chocolate survey!
grin

janthea Fri 30-Aug-13 14:17:15

I've signed up. It could be interesting. Certainly hope there is lots of chocolate.

Regarding the survey, it doesn't bother me what they call it - spouses, partners, husbands, wives, whatever.

jennycockerspaniel Fri 30-Aug-13 22:05:43

I changed my mind after seeing the form ,did they really need all that information? I am not a grumpy grannie

PRINTMISS Sat 31-Aug-13 08:15:09

Quite honestly, janthea I am not usually one who takes exception to things, I am the sort who normally says 'as long as you call me in time for tea' sort of thing, but for some reason this really got to me. Probably having a bad day, but really can't remember! Anyway, had my say and felt better for it.

matson Sat 31-Aug-13 15:39:51

I don't understand why they need such in depth information about us, its only tasting chocolate - not joining MI5 !! ! ithink its just an easy way of collecting data.

Sook Sat 31-Aug-13 16:03:20

I don't care as long as I get to eat chocolate grin

Anne58 Thu 12-Sep-13 12:44:16

Has anyone been selected yet?

Sook Thu 12-Sep-13 13:19:30

phoenix I've not heard anything so far.

glammanana Thu 12-Sep-13 15:17:52

Maybe they are too busy trying out the Chocolate lucky things.

kittylester Thu 12-Sep-13 17:01:04

I haven't had any chocolate either. sad

And, I still don't know what the GN Research Panel is. I've checked on my profile and I've ticked that I would like to be on some sort of a panel but have never been asked to do anything that wasn't open to all. confused

annieavr Fri 13-Sep-13 14:23:29

There is a comment up there from Shelby:

- I know the best source for dairy free, soya free, gluten free, sugar free, additive free-from chocolate. 75% cacao - it's good for you! It's the best medicine going! It's so satisfying you only need a little at a time too. Or, because it's sooooo good (flavours of peppermint, lemon, orange, lime, ginger and plain).
Hand made with love, raw organic chocolate. Just the best!

lighty Fri 13-Sep-13 16:07:08

filled in request a while ago - got very excited but haven't heard since - does that mean I didn't "pass" !!

Elegran Fri 13-Sep-13 16:13:43

Who is Shelby, Annieavr? and why are they telling us that they know a source for this wondrous chocolate product? Are they advertising it?

thatbags Fri 13-Sep-13 17:26:47

I looked at the signing up form. They wanted an awful lot of information. I backed out.

Happy with Swiss white cooking chocolate at the mo anyhow.

petallus Sat 14-Sep-13 09:59:31

I didn't mind the questions. I've got nothing to hide smile. I hope I get picked.

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 16-Sep-13 09:36:37

Hello! We'll be in touch with those selected this week. Thanks.