Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Boots No7 feedback thread – win a No7 skincare hamper worth £100 NOW CLOSED

(266 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 21-Oct-13 10:46:05

This thread is for the 100 gransnetters who have been chosen to trial No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night serum.

Here’s what Boots had to say, “No7 is the UK’s leading skincare brand. NEW No7 Restore& Renew Day & Night Serum is specifically formulated for more mature skin and actively targets the five key signs of ageing: wrinkles, lack of firmness, uneven pigmentation, fragility and dull skin. In clinical trials, after four weeks of use, both light-reflecting characteristics and levels of natural moisture return to similar levels of younger skin. New Restore & Renew Day & Night Serum is our fourth clinically proven serum meaning that we have a clinically proven serum for every stage of a woman’s life. We have had great results from our clinical trial and user testing, but we’d love to hear what gransnetters think about the product as well.”

We’d like you to use the product each day and night for at least four weeks, but preferably for the full eight weeks. Feel free to post your feedback on this thread as often as you like while using the serums.

When you're ready please answer the following questions:

Q1: What were your overall impressions of No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night serum?

Q2. After using Restore & Renew Day & Night serum for four weeks, how significantly has your skin changed in the following areas? If so please give details.
· Lines and wrinkles
· Firmness
· Pigmentation
· Fragility
· Skin’s radiance

Q3. The RRP for No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night serum is £24.95, do you think you'd be likely to buy the product again or not? If so, why? If not, why not?

Q4. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend the serums to a friend? If so, why? If not, why not?

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a No7 skincare bundle worth over £100.

Please note, Boots may use any comments posted on this thread in marketing, editorial and/or promotional material so please only post if you are happy with this.

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

Adrienne Fri 13-Dec-13 20:52:28

I have enjoyed using the serums for 8 weeks and still have a little left. I like the different colour tubes and their portability. No need to decant into travel pots.
The serum did not irritate my skin which some creams can do.
I don't think there has been any improvement in wrinkles and fine lines, but the texture of my skin has improved. I'm not sure I would describe it as radiant, but smoother and brighter.
I will continue using them (still hoping for a magic wand to reduce the wrinkles!) and would recommend friends to at least try them. Boots seems to have offers on no7 products regularly and I always use my points for personal 'treats'.
Thank you Boots and Gransnet for giving me the opportunity to be part of this trial. I have enjoyed reading everyone's feedback.

jcdoh Sun 15-Dec-13 12:29:36

thanks for giving me the chance to test these serums, I have allergy troubles -so would not risk wasting so much money; however I found I could use them for about three days without after affects, but longer did cause problems, used them every other day to avoid this;
results have been better looking skin more even, and fine lines hardly noticeable, but deeper ones very little difference , maybe if I kept using it for 6 months or a year - it really would notice ?

firmness - yes a smoother feel;

pigmentation- no not much difference,

fragility- not really a problem as yet

skins radiance - yes looks more rosy;

Q3 no I think its pricy for 2 months use ;

Q4 yes would recommend them to try it;

enjoyed trying them out, and will possible buy occasionally as in autumn and spring,

Marion6 Sun 15-Dec-13 17:47:26

I still have a little of each serum left. I took them with me on a recent 2 weeks work trip to Astana (Kazakhstan) and found they did help keep my skin soft and smooth in the very hot central heating temperatures indoors and the wind and cold temperatures outdoors. The serums are pleasant to put on and my skin is softer than it was before but I have not noticed a decrease in fine lines or wrinkles . My skin sometimes reacts against certain creams. This has not happened with these serums. I would continue using them if not for the price and I would encourage friends to give them a try.

shirleym Sun 15-Dec-13 19:51:48

I liked the serum and felt it made my skin look clearer and feel softer.I used it with the no7 day and night creams too. I did use it sparingly but found it ran out before the 8 weeks trial period. I hoped it would help with two age spots which are very noticeable and lines round my eyes and mouth but they don't seem to have improved sadly! I would like to use it again and would recommend it to friends .I would also like to try the targeted age spot cream I saw in our local boots store.

NannaAnna Mon 16-Dec-13 14:33:27

The serums have actually just about lasted the 8 weeks, which makes them more economical than it first seemed.
I've taken close-up photos before, at 4 weeks and at 8 weeks. I can't see any difference at all to lines, wrinkles or age spots, which is a shame.
My skin does seem a bit smoother, if ease of applying moisturiser is an indicator of that.
I'm not sure that using a serum has shown any real benefits to my skin, but I wonder if longer term use would show results. I would probably try it for longer if I could afford to.

MichelleGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 14:50:08

Thank you to everyone who posted their feedback. Congratulations to Grannyknot who has won the prize draw for a No7 skincare bundle worth £100!

Grannyknot Mon 16-Dec-13 15:10:53

Here's a copy of my email reply to Michelle:

OH EM GEE! I had a feeling I was going to win it! Whoop de doo, and dancy dance dance.

And just in time for Kissymussy.

grin

janeainsworth Mon 16-Dec-13 17:29:51

Grannyknottchgrin

whenim64 Mon 16-Dec-13 17:56:00

Congrats, Grannyknot. A lovely prize smile

Nonu Mon 16-Dec-13 18:20:14

Well done Granny !
tchsmile

Flowerofthewest Mon 16-Dec-13 18:34:04

Congratulations Grannyknot. Well done, so pleased for you xxxx smile

DeeWhyO Mon 16-Dec-13 18:44:52

Thanks Gransnet for the opportunity to trial the serum. I've really enjoyed using it. Congrats Grannyknot I'm sure the rest of us Gransnetters are jealous! Keep up the good work Boots No.7 in encouraging us grannies to continue look our glamorous best!

pamjoy Mon 16-Dec-13 19:12:57

First congratulations to Grannyknott - enjoy your prize! Regarding the four questions about the products, I posted my findings after three weeks and promised to let you know if there was any change in my opinion after eight weeks. Well, I'm afraid not really. My skin does feel nourished and smooth but there is very little difference in the appearance. I'm trying to persuade myself that maybe there are less visible lines around my mouth area but I'm not sure. I think that I have had the same or better results with cheaper products so will not be buying it. Sorry!

NannaAnna Mon 30-Dec-13 23:58:36

Well done Grannyknot Will you post some pics to show us how glowing and radiant you look using your lovely products? grin

Grannyknot Thu 02-Jan-14 17:30:48

Nana Anna, I only just saw your friendly post. If they work, I will!