Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

UK GNer who isn't retired? Take our survey to win a £300 voucher!

(11 Posts)
EmmaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 19-Sep-18 15:05:05

NOW CLOSED

We are interested in finding out your thoughts on pensions and retirement planning.

This survey is open to all UK gransnetters who are yet to retire.

Everyone who completes the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one gransnetter will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Click here to complete the survey.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Terms and conditions apply

Tooting29 Fri 21-Sep-18 18:21:09

I am caught in the retirement gap, having planned to retire at 60 I now have to work until I am 66 before I get my state pension. I have reduced down to part-time but my job is demanding and with a long commute every day. I am get more tired. Money keeps me in the job as local part time jobs don't pay the same. I had little time to prepare for the change and I resent it

faringdon59 Fri 21-Sep-18 18:56:12

Yes, We are in the 1950s age group and were not given enough notice of the state pension change.
I too am struggling. Working on a zero hours contract.
Turned 63 back in July and have noticed a drop in energy.
I do belong to the WASPI campaign, but realistically don't know if any government in power will ever listen to our plight.

Harris27 Sat 22-Sep-18 12:37:16

I was born in 1960 and thought I would get my pension at 60 have been in low paid jobs working around children's school hours in earlier years. I work in childcare and dropped my hours to help elderly mother who has since died. I am now building my hours back up and deciding to downsize because I know i couldn't do this till my pension at 66.

gillybob Mon 24-Sep-18 12:35:29

Most of this questionnaire was not appropriate to me. My DH and I run a struggling small business, we are forced to pay into pensions for our employees but cannot afford to pay into one for ourselves (pretty pointless now anyway at our ages). We often go for weeks without wages so saving/investments are out of the question. We have an 11 year age gap and thought we could retire together on our state pensions aged 60 and 71 but I cannot see my DH being able to keep up this level of work until he is 78 (which is when I will get my state pension). Life is pretty miserable and we can't see an end to it.

gillybob Mon 24-Sep-18 12:36:13

Meant to add, I was born in 1962. DH in 1951.

seasider Tue 25-Sep-18 06:32:05

Born in 1957 and have to work until I am 66 as still have a child in education

Maggiemaybe Tue 25-Sep-18 09:30:31

I’ve done it, but much of the survey isn’t appropriate to the many WASPI women who are not working for one reason or another - caring responsibilities, redundancy, etc - but are not officially retired because they’ve to wait till they’re 66 for their pensions. It’s as if whoever designed the survey hasn’t heard about us or, if they have, doesn’t think we’re worthy of consideration.

And there is one question that defines someone who’s retired as being a person living on the state pension only. Surely a mistake?

Emel Mon 01-Oct-18 15:04:41

I also have done survey, I was born 1956 and had to leave work last November because of anxiety and depression. Added pressures at work and being totally mis-understood by the ever younger colleagues being employed, I was made to feel I wasn't capable of doing my job. I felt guilty and a burden when I went off sick and felt my hand was forced to leave I now struggle with a works pension as I too won't get state pension until I am 66 ?

phantom12 Mon 01-Oct-18 20:53:26

I was born in 1955 and have done nearly three of my extra six years before I can retire. It gets more difficult to carry on and I think it is hoped that women will die before they reach 66. What happens to the pension that people have contributed all their working lives if they die early?

tigga Mon 15-Oct-18 18:36:13

Filled this in i worry in case my partner who is younger has to give up work anytime as we have no other income and now i have to wait till im 66 to get my pension instead of 4 yrs time.