Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

UK GNer and want to take a survey? - £300 voucher to be won - NOW CLOSED

(48 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

YanaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 09-Sep-19 11:10:25

The survey is about both planning for Christmas, the discounts and offers you’d like and also your opinions on Britain’s Inspirational Women - yes, we know they don’t really go together but it would be great if we could get your opinions on both today.

Survey is open to all UK GNers and MNers.
All who complete the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Click here to complete the survey.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

sophie56 Sat 14-Sep-19 11:16:10

All done - I find most of the 'inspirational women' served up are either adored for their beauty, fame and social connections rather than someone of exceptional intellectual ability quietly beavering away to make a scientific breakthrough

grandMattie Sat 14-Sep-19 11:19:06

Done. A bit biased... not very comprehensive.

grandMattie Sat 14-Sep-19 11:20:27

Ps. Agree with you totally M0nica

BizziLiz Sat 14-Sep-19 11:34:35

Completed.
I answered with examples of historical and contemporary inspirational women and was therefore a bit wrong footed to discover the slant was directed to the Duchess's Vogue cover. If the survey wanted opinions on that and the women featured there then it would have been better to have said so from the start.

Pansy123 Sat 14-Sep-19 12:23:11

All completed. Nice prize in time for Christmas x

pinkjj27 Sat 14-Sep-19 14:05:39

Completed Thank you

Phoebes Sat 14-Sep-19 21:31:55

Completed, but what about the second survey which popped up after the first one? I spent my valuable time answering the questions but then I discovered it was obviously meant for the US market, so I couldn’t fill in the last bit about where I live as the options were for the US only. Feeling peeved!

Maggiemaybe Sun 15-Sep-19 00:23:25

As usual on GN surveys, the question near the end about the highest current earner in the household is odd. If retired, but not wholly dependent on the state pension, we've to choose the occupation they followed before retirement. It just seems a bit strange. Can there not be a "retired but not wholly dependent on the state pension" option?

Maggiemaybe Sun 15-Sep-19 00:23:58

I didn't see a second survey, Phoebes.

bcdmoon Sun 15-Sep-19 20:32:53

completed with JK Rowling as my inspiration

19EJA Mon 16-Sep-19 15:50:06

Completed - enjoyed it but agree about the Duchess of Sussex.

Ciceily Tue 17-Sep-19 21:54:01

Done

Yes, not sure about 'inspirational', funny one .

toscalily Wed 18-Sep-19 11:20:23

Completed

Yvo12 Thu 19-Sep-19 09:01:00

I am not "inspired" by anyone in the public eye, and definitely not DofS. Also, like many others, I don't need to be "supported" to do Christmas. It makes you wonder what the point of that survey was. (NB: I do read the Telegraph and that wasn't on the list!)

jazzitup Fri 20-Sep-19 09:25:23

All done and good luck to all x

M0nica Fri 20-Sep-19 11:45:18

Having backed out of this right at the start because I couldn't answer a lot of the questions in the first section and quickly realised that the questionnaire was all about thr DofS, I keep reading people's comments on the Christmas section and wonder about having another go, listing women I have worked with or are friends who I deeply respect for what they have done in life. Mainly because the comments suggest that this is such a bad questionnaire , it is almost worth having a fly at it.

imacmum Fri 20-Sep-19 11:52:25

I think inspirational women just get on with it and don’t necessarily want to be spread all over the press or social media for doing it. They prefer not to publicise what they are doing

ninathenana Sat 21-Sep-19 14:30:35

"This survey is about planning for Christmas"
First question name an Inspirational woman. I didn't even bother starting.

cathisherwood Sun 22-Sep-19 09:41:35

done

tinajw1 Tue 24-Sep-19 23:40:32

completed

Hazeld Wed 25-Sep-19 14:12:59

Went to complete it and found I have already done it grin

YanaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 27-Sep-19 13:18:42

Thank you all for completing the survey.

The winner of the prize draw is @Bevinju.