Gransnet forums

Relationships

Can you stop your period? Help please.

(30 Posts)
gillybob Wed 01-Jun-11 13:54:07

My hubbie and I are going on a much needed holiday later in the year, just the two of us. Its nothing exotic but really looking forward to it. I have a problem that I do hope someone can help me with. I am at the age where I am still having regular periods but they seem to be getting heavier and heavier every month and for the first 2 or 3 days I feel quite ill (not to mention having to run to the loo every hour or so) and it is lasting a whole 7 days. My hubbie booked the holiday as a suprise and (you guessed it) it is right on the dates of my dreaded period. I was kinda hoping we could have some nice (quite rare these days) "cuddly" time if you know what I mean, but this will be impossible due to rotten period falling on same dates. I am not on the pill as husband had the snip many moons ago and wondered if anyone knew of anything you can "take" to make it go away for a while? confusedperhaps i am living in la la land but thought I would ask your advice anyway. Thanks.

Grumpyoldwoman Sun 19-Jun-11 20:37:44

Mine stopped ''just like that'' at 47..but had been heavy for a year or two with Hot Flushes ( I have just recommended Solgar Dong Quai for hot flushes. I took 2 capsules every morning ...and boy did I know about it if I ever forgot to take them...they were Magic )
Co-incidentally my husband had an accident around the same time ..suffered severe depression afterwards and became impotent. The subject has never been discussed and that was 16 yrs ago !!!

rosiesposies Tue 21-Jun-11 19:36:03

Been free of the ' curse ' since I was 50 yeee ha !!! Ladies its not hot flushes its POWER SURGES grin

AnnaLee Mon 13-Mar-17 10:32:12

Good article about this stopyourperiod.org/stop-period-whether-safe.html I use this

KatyK Mon 13-Mar-17 14:27:56

When I was having very heavy periods and we were due to go to a wedding, I went to the GP and he gave me medication which delayed mine. Unfortunately whatever it was gave me dizzy spells but that was some years ago, things may be better now.