Gransnet forums

Relationships

celebrities who need to wash their linen in public

(87 Posts)
paddyann Tue 20-Dec-16 23:48:09

I watched Colleen Nolan on Loose Women ,apparently her marriage is in crisis,she has discussed it all with her 15 year old daughter and thinks the public want to know whats happening too.Am I being olld fashioned to believe that marriage isn't a spectator sport and that the ONLY people who should be discussing her "crisis" are her and her husband ? Is she just looking for publicity to keep her income rollling in?Or does she REALLY think the world wants to know that her husband and her have problems ?Will her husband think making it public will makke things worse and not better?

ninathenana Tue 20-Dec-16 23:51:41

I don't want to know about other people's marriages, celebs or not.

FarNorth Wed 21-Dec-16 02:00:29

A lot of the public do seem to want to know but that doesn't mean she should tell them.

Luckylegs9 Wed 21-Dec-16 03:56:27

I don't watch the show because the women on it show women in the worst possible light. there isn't an area the of their personal life out of bounds. It's regular work for them and the monies good, the public seem to want it. Talking about your marriage problems on television must be so humiliating for the husband.

BBbevan Wed 21-Dec-16 05:43:34

Not interested

morethan2 Wed 21-Dec-16 05:53:57

Yep she just wants to keep the money rolling in. I think this was on the front page of the mirror last weekend. I felt like writing to them telling them get a grip this is not news

janeainsworth Wed 21-Dec-16 06:01:36

Who's Colleen Nolan?
Does anyone care?

BlueBelle Wed 21-Dec-16 06:25:02

I don't buy them but looking through magazines when I m travelling every blooming women's mag seems to have had Colleen Nolan talking about her marriage problems for the last few years between her, Judy whatsit of Richard and Judy fame with her weight, old looking face or lack of confidence issues and Katey price whose plasticky face gets more grotesque by the day, they give real women such a BAD name

Ankers Wed 21-Dec-16 06:52:26

I think I read that her husband is ok with her speaking publically about it.
Especially as she is an agony aunt in some publication or other.

If she wants to do it, and it doesnt hurt her family, and helps others, I am ok about it.

Greenfinch Wed 21-Dec-16 06:58:32

I agree with everyone apart from Ankers.Who wants to know anyway? It cannot but hurt her daughter.I taught the daughter of a famous golfer in exactly the same situation.She was distraught by the publicity.

TerriBull Wed 21-Dec-16 07:12:11

Stoicism some people would greatly benefit in having just a teeny, weeny amount, particularly in public life and on social media.

Jane10 Wed 21-Dec-16 07:45:18

She's a 'celeb' football wife famous for nothing else. All she has to sell is herself to gossip mags and programmes like Loose Women. Its pathetic really.

glammanana Wed 21-Dec-16 08:08:55

She did the same with her first husband (Shane Richie) for many years and involved her sons at the time,is there no low this woman will not go to,its not as though she is what you could call "famous" is she ?

vampirequeen Wed 21-Dec-16 08:14:23

In order to maintain their celebrity status they have to continuously create interest so they lose/gain weight, struggle with marriages/children/pets/houses/life in general or celebrate anniversaries, successes etc. in public.

Whilst I don't understand this interest in people I have never met and probably will never meet many seem to find their ins and outs fascinating.

Lillie Wed 21-Dec-16 08:19:16

She has always been like that. Quite vulgar.

I agree with vampire queen and Luckylegs9, it shows the mentality of the public wishing to listen to or read about her.

Welshwife Wed 21-Dec-16 08:30:02

I thought she was a singer - part of the Nolans group for a few years.

Anniebach Wed 21-Dec-16 08:41:01

I don't watch the programme .

Maranta Wed 21-Dec-16 09:07:07

Never heard of her, and now am not interested.

gettingonabit Wed 21-Dec-16 09:08:49

I don't watch it either. Many do, though, so there's obviously demand for this kind of drivel programme. If nobody was interested, there would be no demand and no programme.

jane10 are you thinking of Coleen Rooney? confusedgrin.

Christinefrance Wed 21-Dec-16 09:18:52

Yes we are talking of Coleen Nolan of the Nolan Sisters.
There is a group of people who enjoy hearing about the lives of so called celebrities and will buy into the whole culture. The rest of us don't give a s***.
I have watched Loose Women on occasions and deplore the way they denigrate men, it does the feminine cause no favours. If there was a similar programme featuring men who said the same sort of things there would be uproar.
Rant over tchgrin

Welshwife Wed 21-Dec-16 09:50:53

When it first started some good number of years ago it was a more serious programme and quite interesting sometimes but it has lost the plot now and the people they have on are nowhere near as good as the initial ones. It annoys me how long it seems to be on for - but then for me most of ITV morning programmes are rubbish and if I am not well and housebound I just hope BBc can come up trumps or I have a few recorded things to watch!

MTDancer Wed 21-Dec-16 09:57:14

I think the world is celebrity mad. Young children aspire to be "celebrities" as a career.
I could care less and, sometimes, when "celebrities" are mentioned I have no idea who they are. Yawn

floorflock Wed 21-Dec-16 09:58:12

I can't watch this type of inconsequential rubbish. Each one of them is 'me me me'. I also have a problem watching people who have clearly had facial unnecessary surgery just to 'look good'! It never does. They all need to get some self respect.

Legs55 Wed 21-Dec-16 10:02:05

Christinefrance you are correct in that it's Coleen Nolan of the Nolan Sisters not Coleen Rooney married to "some famous footballer" not sure what else she's famous fortchgrin

I used to watch Loose Women many years ago but the tone of the programme has descended into "putting mostly men down". The inclusion of Katie Price was the final straw for metchhmm

It is difficult for "Celebs" to keep things quiet as once the Media gets hold of a story it is often better for them to be open about what is going on rather than a "Journalist" making it up or stretching the truth. A case of damned if you do, damned if you don't tchconfused

I personally just turn the pages over in a newspaper if I'm not interested & don't read Gossip Magazinestchgrin

Stansgran Wed 21-Dec-16 10:07:21

But we're talking on here how we're not talking about them.