Gransnet forums

Relationships

Continued support and fun aspects too of rebuilding lives after estrangement can't believe 4 years and we still here to offer help, friendship and support.

(1001 Posts)
celebgran Wed 01-Feb-17 10:17:33

Hi ladies or gents here we go smileless, yoga girl rhinestone luckylegs and all the rest let's keep helping each other

Bibbity Mon 15-May-17 19:18:53

I read it as you just explained Norah so I am also confused by the aggression.

Norah Mon 15-May-17 19:17:14

Celeb, did you not understand?

I think it is good that you understand the privacy issues your ED and her hubby may have. It was a compliment to not digging around in their private affairs. I feel the same way about my Daughters. I would never ask intrusive questions about their MIL address or any of the issues here.

Anya Mon 15-May-17 18:31:38

That's bloody rude celebgran - try for a few manners please,

celebgran Mon 15-May-17 18:04:02

Norah??? Understand Privacy issues!?

Don't bother posting your condescending posts please.

Norah Mon 15-May-17 13:54:12

I missed the rude bits and shall not go looking. Celeb, I'm glad you understand the privacy issues.

Rhinestone Mon 15-May-17 10:45:25

YogagirlI want to clear up a statement I made. I was talking about my best friend telling me about what my ESS says about his family and himself. They are both teachers at the same school. As far as asking about your GC you can only say that you have grandchildren at the same school the woman teaches at, to her face. She's not going to tell you how they are doing in the class or their grades etc. she could tell you how lovely they are but , if she is professional, won't say more than that.
So no it wouldn't her to inquire in that way .
It was our Mother's Day yesterday and although I saw pictures on the internet of the EGC and their mom and the other two grandmothers, I did manage a nice day with my daughter and her two children.
What will be hard is Fathers Day in June for us.

celebgran Mon 15-May-17 08:16:14

However having said that I no longer look on Twitter as it just distressed us so badlynseeing a little girl we last saw as a ? baby.

Which is what I warned yogagirl about before all thiskicked off,

Not all teachers are very confidential sadly my neibor told em about my nephew learning difficulties years ago and I wasn't aware how sever they were, that was very wrong in my opinion,

celebgran Mon 15-May-17 08:09:34

I am Well aware of professional guidelines jainsworth

I was legal secretary also for years and realise importance of confidentiality.

However asking a teacher about a pupil breaches no guidelines,

Since vulnerable adults and children training pharmacist are actively encouraged to ask questions especially if they have any concern.

I do take your point any information gleaned is strictly confidential ,

celebgran Mon 15-May-17 08:05:52

There is no doubt about it and of course I won't be posting screenshots of my Grandaughter

There is a blow by blow account of each year and all their activities alongside close up photos of pupils

It does suprise me I must admit. However they are proud of their school.

Yes starlady probably no one reported insulting posts I was too busy to read most of them maybe as well,

janeainsworth Mon 15-May-17 07:57:54

celebgran I doubt very much that any teacher would give out information about named pupils on Twitter. Perhaps you could post a screen shot.
I'm not 'scaremongering' and I never said we live in a police state.
All professions in this country have to comply with guidelines and rules of conduct imposed by their regulators and although it may not be a criminal offence, breach of confidentiality is viewed seriously by the authorities and could result in disciplinary action or civil action in the courts against the professional and/or the organisation they work for.
You must be aware of this if your DH is a pharmacist.

Starlady Mon 15-May-17 05:31:46

Idk why anyone would be rude to anyone on a SUPPORT thread. I'm surprised GN hasn't come in and said something about it. They usually do.

celebgran Sun 14-May-17 23:03:40

For the record we are also allowed to have our own opinions all of us and to say otherwise is discriminating against free speech something some of our relatives fought and died in war for.

However to deliberately try and be scare mongering and unkind is a totally different thing altogether, and says more about the posters than those they are trying to discredit,

celebgran Sun 14-May-17 23:00:19

Exactly eddiecat

Jainsworth youmsepak like we live in a gestspo police state, it is not a crime for a Teacher to talk about her pupils.

My estranged g daughter primary school goes on Twitter regularly you can't get more public than that??.

I wonder what on earth makes you and others feel need to come on here with your unpleasant scare mongering posts like fairydoll I can only feel sympathy as no one truly happy tries to upset others.

Well we have fantastic evening at show Dominic Kirwan was brilliant
Just shame I was in lot pain.?

eddiecat78 Sun 14-May-17 18:33:37

Just to put the record straight - many pages ago - Yogagirl did not say she was going to ask the school worker about her grandchildren - she said she was tempted, she was thinking about it, and she was going to discuss it with her other daughter first.

Just to give my two pennies worth Yoga - I fully understand why you are tempted. I do get some news about my GS from my son but still search his school website for pictures of him. It would be marvellous if you heard the grandchildren were doing well - but what would you do if you were told anything worrying? I`m sure you are sensible enough not to do anything until you have weighed up all the possible consequences.

janeainsworth Sun 14-May-17 18:21:56

Agree 8mumofmadboys*.

Yogagirl My DS occasionally tells me I'm talking codswallop, but on this occasion, I'm not.
Deliberately engaging your neighbour in a conversation with the aim of obtaining confidential information is entrapment.
If your ED or her husband found out that that teacher had talked to you about your GCs, they would be justifiably very angry and it could result in the teacher facing disciplinary action.

Fairydoll2030 Sun 14-May-17 18:21:01

I agree it was a facetious comment that started the whole debacle, but it quickly descended into a 'put the boot into estranged Gp's' scenario. Unfortunately Bibbity is a past master where that's concerned.

mumofmadboys Sun 14-May-17 18:15:47

This started by Bibbity saying people in all walks of life have tattoes and we shouldn't judge people by them . She gave an example of her husband having tattoes and being a manager. Fine. Someone then very unkindly said what at McDonalds. This was below the belt. Any job honestly done should not be despised. There is no problem with being a McDonalds manager, a road sweeper, a brain surgeon. We all have different talents which hopefully we use to the good of our communities. This led Bibbity to kick back. But it is simply not fair to judge Bibbity when someone else started the unpleasantness IMHO.

Bibbity Sun 14-May-17 18:12:36

The comments made regarding the tattoos were absolutely discriminatory.

Also Yoga started on me. Just because I'm not one of the people whom pats heads and plays the worlds saddest song on the worlds smallest violin doesn't mean I can't post.

Fairydoll2030 Sun 14-May-17 18:08:08

Actually Bibbity there is a world of difference between someone posting comments about tattoos, which some people do find distasteful - I'm not one of them as I think its a personal choice - and deliberately rubbing salt into the wounds of estranged parents/grandparents.

There is absolutely no comparison. At least not in my world which, frankly, I'm pleased is vastly removed from the one you appear to inhabit. However, that's what you do...because, apparently, you can. I take your point. If that's what it takes to make you happy, so be it.

annsixty Sun 14-May-17 18:04:18

What a pity you only have the newspaper cuttings and don't get it from him personally. Yes we can all play the cutting remark game.

Bibbity Sun 14-May-17 18:02:59

If my 3 year old brought home £40K I would absolutely be shouting from the roof tops.
To date all he's brought to the family is conjunctivitis.

Bibbity Sun 14-May-17 18:02:21

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Fairydoll2030 Sun 14-May-17 17:59:18

Oh it's your husband who takes home 40K?

Thought it was your son. Oh, right.

Yogagirl Sun 14-May-17 17:58:50

Yes Bibbity I keep all the newspaper clippings of all the inventions he has/is working on and I am very proud of his work.

Fairydoll2030 Sun 14-May-17 17:57:01

In case of any misunderstanding, my last post was in response to the lovely Bibbity -
The lovely, happy lady with the amazing family - you know the one, ladies?!!
She has it all - don't you wish you were so lucky?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion