Gransnet forums

Relationships

Continued support and fun aspects too of rebuilding lives after estrangement can't believe 4 years and we still here to offer help, friendship and support.

(1000 Posts)
celebgran Wed 01-Feb-17 10:17:33

Hi ladies or gents here we go smileless, yoga girl rhinestone luckylegs and all the rest let's keep helping each other

Smileless2012 Wed 01-Feb-17 11:12:03

Love the new title for the thread Celebsmile; well done.

Don't know if any of you have 'Good Morning' this morning but they've been discussing estrangement from GC. As is usually the case, the GM they interviewed has lost contact with her GC because her son's relationship with the mother has broken down and he is now not having contact with his own child.

I've emailed 'Good Morning' to bring to their attention that this can also happen because a parents' relationship with their own child breaks down; they find themselves not only fut out of their AC's life but the lives of their GC too.

I'll let you know if they get back to me apart from acknowledging receipt of my email which they've already done.

Starlady Wed 01-Feb-17 11:45:29

Looks like there are two of these threads now! Luckylegs started one called "Estrangement."

Good idea to bring that to Good Morning's attention, Smileless. They need to recognize that there is more than one kind of GP estrangement and more than one cause for it.

Smileless2012 Wed 01-Feb-17 11:46:37

They just had one GM on 'Good Morning' who said she's been cut out by her D. She was told the only course of action was to try and resolve things with her Dhmm.

Wonder how anyone's supposed to do that when they wont even talk to you.

rosesarered Wed 01-Feb-17 13:12:52

Hi all, just a thought but would more people ( with similar problems to you) find this thread for support on the new subject heading of Gransnet Cafe, there are about five threads on it at the moment?smile

KatyK Wed 01-Feb-17 16:18:34

The solicitor on it Vanessa Lloyd-Pratt (I think) went to Parliament yesterday to try to get the law on grandparents' rights changed. A lot of estranged grandparents went with her. I just thought some of you might be interested in following her progress if it can be found online.

celebgran Wed 01-Feb-17 16:33:05

Thanks for that Katek it was on news yesterday but I downloaded catch-up and it expired,! Will take a look at this morning.

celebgran Wed 01-Feb-17 16:33:30

Oh thanks smileless imthoughtnit was rather positive title!

KatyK Wed 01-Feb-17 16:59:42

It's actually Vanessa Lloyd-Platt not Pratt!

celebgran Wed 01-Feb-17 17:14:01

It's too late for us after 8 years but was interesting to watch

Our mental and physical health has. Take PM besting and dh at 72 no way we would take on more stress,

I do hope other people can be helped though,

Smileless2012 Fri 03-Feb-17 17:57:51

TGIF ladieswineflowerscupcakeoh androastchickenbecause that's what we're having for dinner on Sunday; Mr. S.'s favouritesmile.

Just booked a table for 2 for tomorrow evening at a lovely family run Italian just around the corner from our new home; the only draw back to where we now live is there are so many lovely places to go out to eat in, and they're all within walking distance.

Thanks for that rosesarered,where is the Gransnet Cafe? Remember I'm a technophobe so very simple instructions will be requiredgrin.

It's too late for us too Celebsad but like you I hope that other people can be helped. I do think that even having it as a subject on TV is a good thing. It puts it out there and who knows, maybe our estranging AC and/or their friends may be watching. I just wish they'd give a more balanced over view as they always concentrate on the GP's who have no contact with their GC because their AC's relationship (usually with the children's mother) has broken down.

Well enjoy your weekend ladies. Hope Rhinestone's enjoying her holiday and Fairydoll has a great time too.

Luckylegs9 Sat 04-Feb-17 06:10:47

Have a lovely meal Smileless, now too many nice places to eat sounds good to me.
Didn't see the programme on Grandparents rights, but know it would be unworkable. The parents would make sure of that, they have the control and could make things very difficult for the children and nothing is worth that. I have seen the difficulty with children of broken marriages, used like pawns in a game and the children come off worse. If it cannot be done in liaison with parents there is no point. I have lost my gd childhood now, I am not part of her life at all.

celebgran Sat 04-Feb-17 08:49:32

Likewise luckylegs we have lost 3 little ones our precious granddaughters lives from birth 2 never seen.

Had my last counselling yesterday felt v drained, she gave me list of bullet points to try and help but admitted at times I will just have to be sad.

On bright note we'll done for finding new thread lucklegs.

Also we going to dance tonight ?
Dh 72 this month life really is too short to dwell on the absolutes cruelty our,ed has dished out, we have focus on those that do care.

Smileless2012 Sat 04-Feb-17 12:59:55

I saw your post on the other thread Luckylegssad but decided this was the best place to respond because of the content of the post I've just put on there.

I'm so very sorry that you've been feeling so downflowers. I wish I could say something to help you, to make you feel better. All I can say is what you already know, that you are not alone and because of all of us on this thread you never will be.

Smileless2012 Sat 04-Feb-17 13:02:20

PS I see you have responded Araabra, well at least in part on the thread in AIBU, in your usual format.

Smileless2012 Sat 04-Feb-17 13:02:53

PPS Ooops, wrong thread.

celebgran Sat 04-Feb-17 17:20:31

Smileless well done that is all we need to say lucklegs is suchsupprotive. ladynto us all aand we are here for her

I must hustle dinner on and wake up as we have dance to go to

I am getting like hermit ha ha I realise everyone will collapse we are always out but huge effort this weather!?
?Now have paint nails!?
Have good evening all and yogagirl many happy returns ??❤️

Smileless2012 Sat 04-Feb-17 18:15:43

Oh yes 'Happy Birthday' Yogairlcupcakeflowerswine. Hope you're doing something fun to celebrate.

Luckylegs9 Sun 05-Feb-17 06:58:39

Hope you had a lovely birthday Yogagirl. That Celebgran danced the night away, that Smileless had a lovel meal,vit hat all other friends on here are coping.
Sorry I opened another thread under estrangement, when I came to post on the original I was told that the thread was now full and another one needed to be started, not knowing that Celeb already had.x

celebgran Sun 05-Feb-17 11:20:31

Thanks luckylegs for following this one, we do need you!

It was fantastic evening so many good friends it makes us feel so good, great band, did little dancing but back wasn't great,

Hope u ok and looking forward to yourmbreaks next month,
I must admit is hard summon energy this awful cold weather to Gra. Up and go out.

I just had few tears as dreamt about my estranged daughter last night,
It was soooo real and I cried just telling my husband,
Wish it wasn't so very painful after so many years, the dream was so real ???

Ironically her godparents coming for dinner, first attempt since my illness simple meal and deserts courtesy of marks?But we will enjoy.

Happy Sunday all hope also smileless Italian was v good for you and dh
Yogagirl hope birthday celebs went well, personally I am marginally Better to cope on my day than my daughters I was in bits on 20th

Yogagirl Mon 06-Feb-17 08:12:47

Just found this new thread. Don't like the title, can't think of any fun aspects to estrangement!

Thank you Luckylegs for your post of 1st Feb, I feel the same re D not the D I loved before all this flowers to cheer you up L smile

Yogagirl Mon 06-Feb-17 08:33:11

Thank you C,S&L for the happy birthday messages. Yes I did have a nice day, went out for dinner with 10 friends, they had arranged it all, balloons on table, lovely cake, presents & cards, they really made a fuss of me grin Four of us were going to go on to see 'La La Land' at the pics, but after our big meal and a few saying it wasn't that good, we decided to call it a day. My ND and babyGD came over on the Friday with lovely necklace, chocs & cards. ND phoned me on my birthday morning, but I was doing a 1-2-1 yoga session, so when I finished I saw the video she had done of her&baby singing 'happy birthday' Lovely smile

celebgran Mon 06-Feb-17 08:47:38

Yogagirl it's fun aspects of rebuilding our lives, we can't be sad all the time no point in wallowing we have to try hard that it is not to let what's happened ruin rest of our lives or limit how it does, we woe it to this still in our lives who. Love us.

Glad u had good birthday funthen? ????x

Smileless2012 Mon 06-Feb-17 13:48:58

Aaaah there you are Yogagirl, I was wondering where you'd got toogrin. So pleased you had a great birthday. It's great to have so many caring friends to make it a day to remember.

We do have a laugh on here as well as sharing our tears. Well I don't know what's up with me today; I had loads planned to do and have done practically nothing so far. Decided to have a lazy day for a change.

No worries Luckylegs I've done that before; started the next thread only to discover Celeb has beaten me to it. You can really shift can't you Celebgrin. I think it's great that we're all so fond of our support thread that we're all chomping at the bit to get the next one started.

celebgran Wed 08-Feb-17 09:13:49

I can sometimes smilelss???

Friednsmare thr gold in our lives definitely imtoo glad u had good birthday yogagirl

Realise we all been. Posting on other threads so said to eddiecat let's get back to our usual one.

Loooking forward to swim and lunch at nice spa near us today back not been good since before weekend ?

Finall made contact with my twin remember he came stay before Xmas thrown out again not seen him since so presume he still there nowt so queer as folk but need boiler serviced bless him he put it in. C do Friday of course day my good friend taking me out.

Never mind he hopes come before I go,
fingers crossed he ex will. Move out before bailiffs.
Another court order been given

I just want him to get roof over his head!

Have good day all,

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion