Gransnet forums

Relationships

Getting Onto Facebook

(136 Posts)
nina1959 Wed 05-Apr-17 15:39:19

I'm aware a lot of people could connect and share more if they were on Facebook. They would be able to join groups, meet new friends and possibly be less lonely.

Can I ask how many of you don't do FB?

retrolady2 Sun 09-Apr-17 12:35:05

Should be 'if' mis-used. Sorry.

Galen Sun 09-Apr-17 12:49:25

My late husband was a founder member of the Imstitute of Data Processsimg Management.
My son does something esoteric with ARM
Both my children ( now in their 40s! Help ) used the original Janet when it first emerged
I am the least technological minded of the family being a mere doctor. But I have just managed to set up my house with smart lighting and only need an appropriate engineer to do the electrical bit of installing smart heating.
My 95 year aunt uses FaceTime.
I do work, but Inbetween I am housebound.

MawBroon Sun 09-Apr-17 13:25:23

Actually it just seems to be "us oldies" who do Facebook. The young things all seem to do Instagram , What's App etc and I get the impression they are rather sweetly indulgent of Mum's FB witterings!

Jalima1108 Sun 09-Apr-17 18:12:34

Sorry, ninathenana I should have made it clear my post was addressed to nina1959!

And if 1959 is anything to go by, nina1959 may be the same age as my nephew who refuses to have anything to do with computers whereas me, his doddery old auntie, can't keep off it as DH mutters to himself.grin

Lona Sun 09-Apr-17 19:43:59

Not just the "young things" MawB, i do Instagram and WhatsApp as well as Fb and Twitter grin but then I'm only 70!

MawBroon Sun 09-Apr-17 20:56:03

You're clearly a "young thing" Lona!!
I do Instagram but have yet to get my head round What's App (and no, thank,you, Nina1959 that is neither a request nor an invitationgrin )

Hopehope Sun 09-Apr-17 23:33:19

I use Whats App all the time, it is easy peasy, and free to send pics etc to my Family. I don't use any of the others though> As I said I tried Facebook once but People seem to change their personality on there and it annoyed me. ( I am easily annoyed) grin

NfkDumpling Mon 10-Apr-17 06:52:22

I feel I should find out how to use Twitter. I have an account. Can follow and re-tweet, but am at a loss to discover how to send a Tweet to say Womans Hour. The Beeb only seems to respond to Tweets. Do you have to follow them first?

Bluebell123 Mon 10-Apr-17 07:49:04

Nope don't FB

Christinefrance Mon 10-Apr-17 08:19:09

I use Whatsapp all the time its so easy. We have a family group and when I first joined my grandson was told " Nanny is on here now so no swearing " . It's good to see pics of everyone's activities, pets etc.