Gransnet forums

Relationships

Support can i empathise that word please thread for families or anyone undergoing trauma through estrangement also positive moving on for us all

(130 Posts)
celebgran Mon 15-May-17 19:23:59

I do hope this new thread can be positive and not hijacked by unwanted nastiness.

Norah Tue 30-May-17 22:18:22

celeb, I signed a nondisclosure.

celebgran Tue 30-May-17 17:18:04

Would you rather. not say which cruise line? So glad you got happy outcome enjoy!

Norah Tue 30-May-17 14:56:07

The cruise line allowed us to select a different sailing. We use only 3 lines, this on most often. Fortunately they do want happy repeat guests.

Yogagirl Mon 29-May-17 20:01:34

Rotten shame Norah you must have been very upset flowers Hope as S has said, you managed to board elsewhere.

Sorry for your Son too Celebgran

Smileless2012 Mon 29-May-17 17:38:52

Five pounds isn't too bad Celeb and as long as you enjoyed your holiday, that's all that matters.

Cancelled flights, what a nightmare. What happened Norah? Did you catch up with your ship somewhere else? I know that can be arranged sometimes.

celebgran Mon 29-May-17 15:54:05

Oh Norah ?Hope you canrebook one my son got off in e d via Vienna to Geneva but not with b.a.

Norah Mon 29-May-17 13:24:03

We had a cruise not waiting for us, they do depart on time, that was a shame as well.

celebgran Mon 29-May-17 13:21:09

worse whenyou have students waiting for you Norah shame for you tho

Norah Mon 29-May-17 13:17:12

We had flight cancelled too, so aggravating.

celebgran Mon 29-May-17 08:43:36

My ds was affected by b a flight cancelled for his teaching to geneva going this morning now they did find him hotel for night,

It's so good to come home and find Rosie well?And chat to dear son?

Only upset put 5lb on but that will soon go I hope?

celebgran Mon 29-May-17 08:40:15

Oh lucklegs that's wonderful news! Enjoy that trip x

Smileless2012 Sun 28-May-17 10:21:15

A lovely post MissAdventure; thank youflowers.

Enjoy your hugs Luckylegssmile.

Luckylegs9 Sun 28-May-17 07:23:06

Thanks Miss Advenure fir your kind words. When we post, yes sometimes it's sad, but we do lead fairly active and happy lives with other family and friends, it's just on here we can talk about that part that isn't how it should be.
Celebregran, safe journey, sure you are looking tanned and lively with your nails in a complimenory shade.
Everyone else, have a good day, the suns out and the birds are singing, I am taking a trip to my sons for a few hours, will see other granddaughter and grandson, so a few hugs will put me right.

MissAdventure Sat 27-May-17 19:49:38

flowers ladies.
I can't say I 'enjoy' this thread, as the sadness sometimes is almost palpable, but I do always read it to see how you all are.
I admire you all, and thank you for sharing. X x

Luckylegs9 Sat 27-May-17 16:36:37

I know that too, Smilless, I hVe wasted so many years denying it as it's the unthinkable, how I wish you were all near bye.

Smileless2012 Sat 27-May-17 13:54:23

Starladysmileit was a kind thought. When our lovely d.i.l. lost her dear father just before Easter I wondered if it would make our ES think about how short in the scheme of things, our lives are.

Then I told myself, maybe it did make him think and if it did, then I know for certain what I've known in my heart for some time to come; he simply doesn't care.

Starlady Fri 26-May-17 06:55:03

Yes, Fairydoll, you got my meaning exactly. I read about something like that happening after the Paris bombing. It was an estranged couple who got back together, I think, not an ep and eac, but still, I thought maybe...

celebgran Wed 24-May-17 17:42:53

Didn't mean to be harsh star lady I guess its sensitive topic and totally agree it does shame the deliberate cruelty of those who estrange living parents

Fairy doll its a vague possibility it would strike a chord about fragility of life with an estranged child

Fairydoll2030 Wed 24-May-17 16:13:40

Norah. I think Starlady is thinking along the lines of estranged AC, on hearing the shocking news, would realise how important family are and attempt a
reconciliation.

Unfortunately, that probably on happens in (second rate) films.

Norah Wed 24-May-17 15:27:42

Starlady, What is Manchester to do with eps? hmm

Fairydoll2030 Wed 24-May-17 14:48:02

Starylady. hmm

celebgran Wed 24-May-17 11:27:30

Star lady I know.u Mean well and do t judge but I really find It strange u so Interested and also bad taste u should think a tragedy in Manchester will Bring our estranged ones back if my daughter doesn't care when I am rushed to hospital then a bombing won't alter her cruelty.

Lyckkegs hope u nanage enjoy your day we are so relaxed here flowersfor you we care about you. Yes its awful.sure we all.did our best don't forget our estranged Ines aren't perfect that person doesn't exist

Well m Jackson tribute wasn't our favourite last night.

Just finished second book loving being so lazy and dh is brilliant as always caring for mewinksmile.

Starlady Wed 24-May-17 11:17:36

Hope you enjoy your day out, Luckylegs!

My heart aches for those poor children at that concert and their families. Even those who, fortunately, weren't hurt, will be impacted for years to come, I believe.

Horrific events like that seem to put things in perspective, remind us how precious family is and show us how petty our usual grievances are. At least, it does for some of us, I guess, but [erhaps not all.

I half expected to come on here and see some of you saying, "Guess what? Our ec contacted us!" But no... I guess not...

Luckylegs9 Wed 24-May-17 06:50:37

Last night couldn't sleep, I was so upset about all those beautiful young children killed and those with life changing injuries, the evil behind it. Thinking of my own family for whom, I did my best, obviously not good enough, my brain was in a scramble with it all. All those youngsters wanted when that bomb went off was their parents, their families,a safe haven, because that's natural. Whatever I am going through I know is as nothing with their pain. But to think they won't be there for me and don't care. That is not natural and non of us deserve it.
Have a good day everyone, I have decided to go out with a friend today and buy a few clothes, hope my eyes stay open long enough to get through the day.

celebgran Tue 23-May-17 21:26:23

NoR do.I eddicat it all.seem.so futile
Such very sad news my oldest g daughter is 8 and hope her mum is proud of her cruelty to us no doubt she must be

My D's was in Manchester for conference last week omg such scarey world thank god he safe

Heart goes out to families caught up.in this tragedy

Smile less NY thoughts precisely our estranged kids have caused our pain deliberately yet this tragedy hapoens