Gransnet forums

Relationships

Silly woman

(18 Posts)
ninathenana Wed 04-Jul-18 17:24:12

DD's ex MiL has never liked the idea of her precious sons having partners. She never welcomed DD into the house before they were married and was a thorn in DD's side all the time they were together. Give the ex his due he was under no illusions about his mother and has gone weeks in the past not talking to her because of her attitude.
Ex would bring a woman from work to the house after DD and he split and that was fine "they were just friends" move on 12mths and ex and woman were partners. His mum immediatley change and woman was no longer welcome.
Now younger brother has a GF. He has met her parents and she can't understand why she hasn't met his, DD and I can !
Brother and mother have had several rows as she want's to know why he wont bring her home. Mother had tracker on his phone and wanted to know why he was spending so much time in a different town (where GF lives) also having a go at him for not answering when she rang. Mother and brother have had big falling out.

Friends have tried to make her see sense, her DH has tried since DD first came on scene. I don't understand her.

Marmight Wed 04-Jul-18 17:38:20

Mother has a tracker on younger son's phone?shock How old is he? I think her sons need to have a good long talk to her and point out in no uncertain terms the errors of her way! I have a friend whose DD has a MiL like this and she causes no end of upset; she is a very needy woman and no one will stand up to her, more's the pity.

ninathenana Wed 04-Jul-18 18:08:50

He's 27/28. They have talked to her as I said in post. She just dosen't cocomlrehe that she is pushing them away.

ninathenana Wed 04-Jul-18 18:10:58

*Comprehend
stupid phone

Nanabilly Wed 04-Jul-18 19:36:44

He must have agreed that she have a tracker o n his phone as both parties have to agree a d can turn it off as and when they want to.
n

kittylester Wed 04-Jul-18 19:40:09

Blimey, nina!!

M0nica Wed 04-Jul-18 20:28:15

Wait until grandchildren arrive. She will probably be on here weeping and asking advice because her son will only let her see them under draconian conditions. And who can blame hi?. She would want to take over and bring them up herself.

muffinthemoo Wed 04-Jul-18 20:33:59

M0nica and this story right here is why MIL does not have the free run of my house, nor my phone number. I didn’t realise she had a twin out there somewhere!

annsixty Wed 04-Jul-18 21:16:50

Your DD is well out of it nina but sadly the GC arent.
I hope your DD gets custody before too much harm is done. Your ex SiL can't be happy with the situation.

ninathenana Wed 04-Jul-18 21:24:55

Thank you ann

kitty smile I feel for his brother and GF they've got it all to come.

crazyH Wed 04-Jul-18 22:34:04

Keeping a tracker on his phone ? I've heard it all now...
I have a friend who is very, very needy ....sounds like this mil...but she draws the line at phone tracking....probably its expensive to run or she doesn't know how to ?They ring each other throughout the day. He is constantly complaining about his wife and almost every day runs to his mother for food, because apparently the wife is not a good cook. The strange thing in my case is that I keep in touch with my dils more than my sons and get all their news...if anything bad or good happens, the dil tells me. I don't know whether it's the right way but it suits us. Well it's a habit that started when they got married. ... one dil is an absolute gem, the other, hmmmmm........

Luckylegs9 Fri 06-Jul-18 04:53:47

My Mil's were great, how do these people get away with it?

Newatthis Thu 23-Aug-18 14:46:13

My MIL was the same. We all got on great until we announced that we were getting married and then I became public enemy number one! Sadly, nearly 40 years on (which is how long we've been married) her daughter (my husband's sister) is now behaving the same with her son and his about to be wife. I haven't met bride to be but feel that she sadly will have to put up with all I did, which is not nice - history repeating itself!

PECS Thu 23-Aug-18 16:40:12

Gosh! I feel blessed that my MiL was so sweet! She did offer to continue to 'turn DH collars when we married. I declined but not because I was jealous just thought DH should manage his own wardrobe as he was grown up! She was probably relieved as it is a tedious job. She loved our children, we visited each other regularly for lunch or tea on a Sunday, & we went out for family days out. Just as we did with my parents. As she got older I took her out shopping and she always introduced me to the butcher as the 'kind' DiL! Not fair really as the other two lived miles away and could not take her shopping without a 500mile round trip!

Bluegal Sat 25-Aug-18 19:51:32

Actually all little brother needs to do is stand up to mum and be open and honest with his mum and girlfriend.

"Mum I am NEVER bringing my GF here because you are a control freak"

"GF your mother is normal, mine isn't, she wants to keep me as her little boy"

Hopefully he can move out soon and leave her to dwell.

Although there IS a part of me thinks these guys must be really nice boys to put up with such a controlling mother in the way they have. Am sure most wouldn't. Time for some strong speaking I think!

BUT Nina....am not sure why it bothers you so much?

stella1949 Sun 26-Aug-18 03:27:42

I just don't understand why any of this interests you. How do you even know what is going on in their family ? It's your daughter's ex-mother-in-law for heavens sake. I'd get another interest and stop bothering about other people's families.

kittylester Sun 26-Aug-18 06:49:36

It is nina's family. The woman is the other grandmother to her grandsons and mother of nina's grandson's father. She therefore has a bearing.

Stansgran Sun 26-Aug-18 18:24:20

I think it'helpful. A Dreadful Warning to us all. I wish my mil had had a tracker on DH's phone as she never believed me when I said he was at work. She was convinced I was keeping him from her.