Gransnet forums

Relationships

One way deal

(27 Posts)
Nanny41 Wed 19-Sep-18 15:42:27

Today I have read about retirement panic and it rang a bell.
We have both been retired for years, my Husband still works occasionally.
We do not live in the UK, I am British and have inherited a house in Cumbria which I love, and so happy to be there, we visit in the Spring and Autumn every year, and I try to visit as often as possible during the mean time, however the house isnt used a great deal, and I feel I am wasting the opportunity while I can still travel ( not getting any younger) My Husband enjoys it too but doesnt visit as often, as he says there is so much to do here in the garden etc, and he loves being out in our motorhome, more than I do I must admit. Next year I have decided to stay for a month and enjoy the house and wonderful surroundings, together with enjoying the lovely neighbours we have there. I would love to be there for months on end but this wouldnt be accepted by my Husband, he would never be there for more than a few weeks, and being a control freak he doesnt like me going against the grain.I know many of you will say just be assertive but it isnt so easy, any kind suggestions would be gratefully received, I think of the money I spend on plane fares being there for a week or two at a time, financially it would be better to be there for longer periods.Looking forward to your thoughts.

Starlady Mon 24-Sep-18 11:50:35

Good to hear that you and dh have worked things out, Nanny! Hope you enjoy your extended stay in Cumbria!