Gransnet forums

Relationships

you’re in a bad relationship (but don’t want to admit it)

(7 Posts)
kathyd Wed 26-Sep-18 12:51:35

I came across this and thought that maybe a few people on here might find it interesting.

www.bright-box.me/2018/04/17/11-signs-youre-bad-relationship-dont-want-admit/

Newatthis Wed 26-Sep-18 17:52:55

Very interesting. I think that the first bit - about being in a toxic relationship - can apply to any relationship, not just with an husband. I'm please to say that none of this applied to me!

kathyd Wed 26-Sep-18 21:21:26

Nor me but there have been quite a number of posters with this very problem with various people - family or friends so thought it worth a look.

bama2U Fri 28-Sep-18 00:22:11

Yes, I'm there! Bad behaviour excused as artistic temperament. Now realise he has used his art over the years to manipulate me into accepting his lack of involvement in family and home life, he has used it to justify his unacceptable actions and outbursts of temper if disapproval voiced.
Hope I and others in similar relationships have the courage to move on.

Starlady Fri 28-Sep-18 07:49:54

Been there, done that. It can be hard to move on because you keep hoping things will get better, especially if they once were. But I got out, so I know others can, too.

mcem Fri 28-Sep-18 08:30:13

Walked away from a bad relationship many years ago and have no regrets.
However I am now experiencing issues with a close (and fairly dependent) family member. Responsibilities mean I can't walk away this time but need strategies to remain and cope.

sodapop Fri 28-Sep-18 09:09:43

I too walked away and have never regretted it.
I'm sorry you are in a difficult position now mcem I hope you get some support.