(8 Posts)
happydais Sat 20-Oct-18 20:07:13

Why am I unable to post

silverlining48 Sat 20-Oct-18 20:16:57

Think you just did

BlueBelle Sat 20-Oct-18 20:21:27

You are posting Happydais

happydais Sat 20-Oct-18 20:32:30

It was the message before which did not appear!

happydais Sat 20-Oct-18 20:34:00

I feel my life has been unique as I find it difficult to find people who have had similar experiences. I had two very unsuccessful marriages both my children emigrated to USA. My childhood was unhappy. My parents lost a child aged 4 the year before I was born during the war and they never got over it. My younger sister and I were never encouraged to be friends. I traveled to the states for 20 years because I missed my children and I wanted to see my grandchildren until I finally moved here six years ago. I could never have predicted this. My son’s two children have left home…..I never managed a close relationship with them as they were the other side of the country but now his marriage has broken up and the children have taken their mother’s side. My daughter was engaged, had a child and that broke up. She subsequently married a great guy, but the child’s father is very much part of the family. Her husband has no problem with this. My younger grandchild has three parents and they spend all their time travelling all over for his sports activities. He is very independent. My daughter is good and they take me on holidays, but she is getting very bossy with me, saying I should be doing all the things she would like to do if she had the time. I had a real struggle as a single parent and now find it hard to make close friends. I have some married friends but I feel like I just fill in for when their husbands are otherwise occupied. Sorry in anticipation for rambling.

happydais Sat 20-Oct-18 20:35:18

My last post probably ended up in the wrong forum.

agnurse Sat 20-Oct-18 21:31:44

It almost sounds as if you could be a little depressed.

If you're feeling really low it could be helpful to visit your GP. Sometimes low feelings can be brought on by medical issues. (I recognize that you obviously have some family issues too, and I'm not discounting those. Rather I'm saying that if your physical health is not good things can often seem worse.)

Have you considered going on Meetup or looking into volunteering or other opportunities in your area?

happydais Sun 21-Oct-18 14:34:29

Thank you for taking the time to read my post I do realize that you need to know far more about me from your advice. my daughter is actually a functional medical practitioner and nutritionist she is also my doctor. Here in the States visiting a GP is not an option for me. I pay $4000/year for health insurance, which doesnt include visits to GPs. It is purely insurance for the inevitable. My physical health is my biggest problem as I get chronically fatigued quite easily. This prevents me from joining into activities as I don’t like being a party pooper or letting people down. Im far better off on my own, but it is lonely at times . I don’t think there is an answer. Thanks so much for hearing me. ???