Gransnet forums

Relationships

Its all just so sad

(4 Posts)
bytheway Tue 25-Dec-18 19:29:21

We had a suicide in the family (step-sil) 2 years ago and since then family life has just gone downhill.

At the time we took in step-d and her 2 two small children, it was really really tough as her own mother was no help at all. 1 year ago her brother decided to go no-contact with all of us as he felt we were doing more for her than him (of course we were given the circumstances) so we have not seen or heard from him or seen DH grandchildren for over a year.

Then in the summer Step-d met a new man and set up home with him. My husband felt it was time to cut back on the support we gave (honestly we were exhausted with all the looking after 2 little one which was expected of us) and she threw a fit. Fired off lots of extrordinarily hurtful texts about how horrible i was and how awful her dad (my DH) was and how we'd been no help at all since her husbands death!!!!

We were totally shocked and terribly hurt but my DH said she must apologise before we have contact again. So another one has gone no contact.

So we have spent Christmas day with my 2 single adult children and although he doesn't (or tries not to show it) I know DH is hurt by the behaviour of both of his kids and most especially that he isn't seeing his grandchildren.

I feel so sad for him.

crazyH Tue 25-Dec-18 23:27:16

Bytheway, It's really sad, isn't it? All of us on this forum have spent Xmas with a tinge of sadness. I have 3 AC, one of whom has been very mean and cruel to me. He has an awful wife who is happy to keep us away. I had Xmas lunch with my younger son and his wife (she is lovely)....my divorced daughter and her kids joined us.
Hope all of us see some light at the end if the tunnel..So sorry about the suicide in your family. Can't be easy.
Sending you kind thoughts and good wishes xx

FarNorth Tue 25-Dec-18 23:37:53

That is all very sad.
All you can do is let them know the door is open for them.

Doodle Wed 26-Dec-18 20:45:08

So sorry for all with family problems. Hope the New Year brings more tolerance and forgiveness.