Gransnet forums

Relationships

Dating Older Women

(47 Posts)
12Michael Mon 04-Feb-19 08:35:00

Reading the article ,as to the alternative young/old , I myself a few years younger than what I am now.
I arranged through emails , to meet the person in a nearby town.
We had coffee and cake ,and we then went back to her car , we kissed , which she enjoyed .
Nearly went into the next phase with her , as her company was nice.
Would meet her again if she was again in the UK.
Mick

12Michael Thu 07-Feb-19 06:38:52

End of subject, anyway it was an experience .
Today, yes I would be quite happy to met someone casually say on a bus or or a bus stop or on a coach trip, have conversation.
Friendship is the key factor for me, I am aware dating websites where you have cases of similarities with someone.
But whether its 2 or 15 its the person in the end.
Mick

Lisagran Wed 06-Feb-19 09:48:43

Mick - are there any clubs locally that you could join, where you might meet people, as friends? Something romantic might develop out of friendships - but in any case, you’d have friends then to talk to / do activities with?

12Michael Wed 06-Feb-19 09:42:25

When I met the person in ? , I was just over 60 and she early 70`s .
So it was a good 10 years ago.
Mick

MawBroon Wed 06-Feb-19 09:41:41

Did she take her dentures out for the snog
Ahem, muffinthemoo. Whatever makes you assume a woman of 70 might not have all her own teeth?
I am.
I do.
So watch It! grin

DoraMarr Wed 06-Feb-19 08:58:44

For some people on these pages sex is an important part of our lives, for others less so, and for others it is not important at all. It doesn’t matter which camp we fall into, we shouldn’t laugh at others who don’t share our views. It’s bad enough younger people laughing about older people having sexual relationships without joining in ourselves.

12Michael Wed 06-Feb-19 08:38:54

The person now lives in new Zealand, have her as a Facebook friend.
Anyway , its a pity Gransnet has not got a dating web page, there again , do they need one.
No methinks , its expensive enough with those web pages that do such as Match.
Mick

NanKate Tue 05-Feb-19 17:22:11

I’m with you Mary. Mick wants help and advice not sniggering and ridiculing. I thought we were a friendly lot.

PECS Tue 05-Feb-19 13:44:53

Oh dear! I was not making fun of Mick himself but joking about the phrase " next stage" blush

Marydoll Tue 05-Feb-19 13:39:28

Despite the fact that the OP has probably set himself up for people making fun of him, I find it quite sad, that a well known poster is being made fun of on this thread. sad

crazyH Tue 05-Feb-19 09:13:14

Oh Miss A ????

absent Tue 05-Feb-19 06:22:55

To be fairly serious for a moment, if a man and a woman, two women or two men – depending on their sexuality – feel a romantic/sexual connection, then what the hell has age got to do with it? It is different when it is quite obvious that a much younger woman, who is not financially secure, connects with a much older man who is (or vice versa). Nevertheless, I expect that sometimes a much younger woman and a much older man getting together may not always be about money and still be able to make music together and she may well be wrongly accused of being a gold-digger. (There are far more rich old men than rich old women, c.f. Donald Trump.)

BradfordLass72 Tue 05-Feb-19 06:10:07

The thread was worth reading for this alone - I almost fell off my chair laughing.

"My advice would be see how it goes and if you get fed up buy a horse." grin

absent Tue 05-Feb-19 02:56:36

"I travelled to Northampton and met her , had a coffee, snogged in her car, and could have gone further" – no, 12Michael, not in a car at 70!

Buffybee Tue 05-Feb-19 01:57:56

Who Naomi? ???

muffinthemoo Tue 05-Feb-19 01:14:33

Did she take her dentures out for the snog

Buffybee Tue 05-Feb-19 01:03:00

While we're on the subject of young man/older woman, just thought I'd throw this in here.

Liam Payne 25, Ex of Cheryl (whatever her name is this week) is now dating Naomi Campbell 48 ?

The boy must have nerves of steel! ?

Chewbacca Tue 05-Feb-19 00:33:19

<<<shudder>>>

MissAdventure Mon 04-Feb-19 23:45:51

I don't think it went far enough that they got a grip. smile

crazyH Mon 04-Feb-19 23:38:41

'Snog'? For Heaven's sake, you are not teenagers ..... Get a grip ?

NanaandGrampy Mon 04-Feb-19 22:54:23

I’m not really sure why you told us this or what you want us to do with it - sorry !

Nannylovesshopping Mon 04-Feb-19 16:31:08

Good to see you back gillybob

Pythagorus Mon 04-Feb-19 16:31:01

This post doesn’t make sense .....
I gather it is about mature dating ..... which is all the rage on tinternet!
When I moved on retirement, a friend persuaded me to join a dating site to meet someone new ...
I was inundated with messages from men aged 20- 84! I was 60 at the time. I had to amend my profile to say, I was looking for men aged 58-63 ...... I added it was flattering to hear from younger men, but I was not looking to adopt ...... neither did I want the position of a carer to a much older man! After a few weeks I gave up and got a dog as a companion! Best decision ever!

Alima Mon 04-Feb-19 15:03:26

Wish I hadn’t read this thread. Ugh.

Abuelamia Mon 04-Feb-19 14:45:21

Mick, so you were in your 60s and she was 70ish you think . She must have felt so lucky and grateful that such a young fellow had time for her.

Sorry, but I hope I am never in the situation wherby a man thinks he may be doing me a favour because he is slightly younger.

gillybob Mon 04-Feb-19 14:39:41

Oh dear sorry just realised this was “canny Mick” from Good Morning . blush