I discovered a few days before our 24th wedding anniversary 6 years ago that my husband had joined an online dating site 'for married people looking for an extramarital affair' and had been seeing a married woman and taking her to a hotel room for a few hours some afternoons while I was at work. He tried to blame me for his actions, but promised he'd change when I told him he'd made a choice and was responsible for his own behaviour. I was prepared to try and make things work. However, he lied to me about ending it with her and, after it did finish, he went on to see other women. We moved after he promised (again!) to change, saying he needed a 'fresh start'. A year after buying a new build in a different region of the UK, he announced he'd met and fallen in love with someone else and was leaving. I filed for divorce, realising (rather late, I know) that he had no intention of changing. He married this woman not long after decree absolute was granted. That was nearly 2 years ago. It's his third marriage - when I met him, he'd been divorced for 2 years. I heard he'd persuaded his latest wife to sell the home she owned outright and buy a new one - with him owning 50% I assume - in yet another new region of the UK. I now have my own home - cash purchase - which I'm enjoying changing to my taste. I don't regret for one minute divorcing him. I'm now free of all the betrayal, lies, cheating and so on. I'm glad I discovered his true colours and that I no longer have any dealings with my ex-husband. We have one life and don't have to spend it being dragged down by someone who thinks nothing of riding roughshod over us just as long as they can have their cake and eat it.
Wedding Present Dinner Service.
NEW - "New Limerick Thread II 2016" (following New Limerick Thread
She then found out it was 'girlfriends' and accepted dreadful treatment from my Dad which I disagreed with, but she couldn't bear to lose him.

