Gransnet forums

Relationships

Who was your first celebrity crush?

(110 Posts)
Nathy Wed 23-Oct-19 20:30:41

Mine was Paul McCartney in the 1960s.

DanniRae Sun 15-Dec-19 11:57:35

Saw a video recently of Donny Osmond singing "Any Dream Will Do" and he is so gorgeous - he is my current favourite!!

gmarie Sun 15-Dec-19 12:01:39

Eric Fleming who played Gil Favor on Rawhide, a western show that also featured a very young Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates!

Witzend Sun 15-Dec-19 12:11:21

I never really had a crush on anybody after Rowdy Yates. And I finally went right off Clint Eastwood ages ago when he cancelled a trip to the UK because he was afraid of terrorist attacks.
Thus was his 'tough guy' image shattered for ever.

Tooting29 Mon 16-Dec-19 18:20:37

Russ Conway on Billy Cotton Show. I was 3 at the time

maurasmith Tue 17-Dec-19 13:09:25

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 17-Dec-19 13:12:15

Paul McCartney

quizqueen Tue 17-Dec-19 13:26:42

I think my first celebrity crush, when I about 13, was Leonard Whiting from Romeo and Juliet fame but I had seen him, initially, in a Disney film called The Legend of Young Dick Turpin. When I was 21, I tried to travel to see him in an open air play in Eversham but my wreck of a car broke down on the way and I never made it.

Davy Jones from the Monkees was my first pop group crush. They were the first live group I ever saw when I was 15 and I had all their tv shows recorded on a reel to reel tape recorder, by hanging the mike over the television and begging my parents not to utter a sound when it was on!

I also 'swooned' over Paul MacCartney and David Essex. I've seen David Essex about 6 times on stage and Paul twice, but not until he was with Wings. I queued all night to get front row tickets for him.

CoolioC Tue 17-Dec-19 13:38:56

Donny Osmond for about six months, covered my walls then along came Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry gorgeous.

endlessstrife Tue 17-Dec-19 14:40:44

I liked Napoleon Solo from “The man from Uncle”, when I was about 9. Later, I liked Dennis Waterman in “The Sweeney”